• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Has Capcom given up on making costumes for SFV?

User Info: FireMadePrime

FireMadePrime
1 month ago#11
I think this year will be pretty weak in terms of content for this game. Maybe because the game died from a developer point of view. Evo Japan SF5 stream can barely sustain 5k viewers. Soon the tournament will die too. Many Japanese players didn't go to this event in JAPAN. And yet the same Japanese players that didn't go EVO Japan this year, went last year to many countries in the whole world to play the game and compete.

Capcom is saving the EX08 colors that we know and saw it since November last year. They're probably going to use it for the CPT pass this year. And the data mined stage will probably be part of that same pack.

I thought this game was going to surpass USF4 in amount of characters but it won't. USF4 died with 44 playable characters. I doubt this game will even reach 40 playable characters. I can see they doing one more character this year and that's it. With much luck they'd push one more character for 2020 but is not likely.

For now, the only costumes this game will keep getting are the Extra Battle costumes. No more new fighting chance costumes or costumes in the shop.
https://twitter.com/4everbuffy

User Info: Sonnyb4u

Sonnyb4u
1 month ago#12
FireMadePrime posted...
I think this year will be pretty weak in terms of content for this game. Maybe because the game died from a developer point of view. Evo Japan SF5 stream can barely sustain 5k viewers. Soon the tournament will die too. Many Japanese players didn't go to this event in JAPAN. And yet the same Japanese players that didn't go EVO Japan this year, went last year to many countries in the whole world to play the game and compete.

No.
EVO Japan isn't apart of Capcom Pro Tour. So sponsors may not fund the travel or admission because it doesn't help with their players points. Also traveling to Fukuoka isn't very affordable if flights aren't available.

FireMadePrime posted...
I thought this game was going to surpass USF4 in amount of characters but it won't. USF4 died with 44 playable characters. I doubt this game will even reach 40 playable characters. I can see they doing one more character this year and that's it. With much luck they'd push one more character for 2020 but is not likely.

For now, the only costumes this game will keep getting are the Extra Battle costumes. No more new fighting chance costumes or costumes in the shop.

Capcom hinted/communicated all this to you how?
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Has Capcom given up on making costumes for SFV?
  • Topic Archived