• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. What Is Your Opinion On Eventhubs And Shoryuken As Fighting Game Sites?

User Info: grandabx

grandabx
1 year ago#1
I was curious to see what quality the FGC has when it comes to media sites currently. With Eventhubs/Shoryuken being two of the more known sites, what do you think of these sites?
"in Japan, I can be my own antenna, but abroad that doesn't work". - Satoru Iwata

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 year ago#2
I joined Shoryuken.com in Dec 2003. It was a pretty good site. Very focused on gameplay rather than costumes. Sometimes they take themselves too seriously though (as if they were all about to win a tournament every week), which is the reason I haven't been there for a year or two.

Eventhubs, I've never looked at the boards, but they have some good data on character usage for SF4 and earlier games. I think they focus a bit too much on linking "news" stories on other sites.

User Info: Stephen707

Stephen707
1 year ago#3
Are you getting annoyed that your comments are always being downvoted on eventhubs because everyone knows you're crazy?
CFN: CrazyDiamond707

User Info: haimara

haimara
1 year ago#4
i dont think either is very good anymore

sadly the best option for fighting game stuff has been discord for a while. I personally hate discord b/c it's just a clusterf*** of information from a ton of random people who may or may not know what they're talking about, so finding anything useful is a nightmare. But, that's how it is now so it's what you gotta deal with

if you're looking for news, those two are probably fine, though eventhubs is getting more and more clickbaity by the second and always has predictions and fake 'leaks' and all that, so you again have to sift through a ton of useless junk to find anything meaningful

User Info: Sesshoru

Sesshoru
1 year ago#5
haimara posted...
i dont think either is very good anymore

sadly the best option for fighting game stuff has been discord for a while. I personally hate discord b/c it's just a clusterf*** of information from a ton of random people who may or may not know what they're talking about, so finding anything useful is a nightmare. But, that's how it is now so it's what you gotta deal with

if you're looking for news, those two are probably fine, though eventhubs is getting more and more clickbaity by the second and always has predictions and fake 'leaks' and all that, so you again have to sift through a ton of useless junk to find anything meaningful

I know what you mean about the discord channels, not always easy to find what you need.

Has anyone found a good place to get combos guides and strategy in Google docs or an easy to read format? Some YouTuber's are nice enough to do this but I'm wondering if there's a good repository of info.
...he who has relied less on fortune has maintained himself more.
(message deleted)

User Info: grandabx

grandabx
1 year ago#7
It depends on the fighting game. Some have tools that others don't. What are you looking for?
"in Japan, I can be my own antenna, but abroad that doesn't work". - Satoru Iwata

Sesshoru
1 year ago#8
grandabx posted...
It depends on the fighting game. Some have tools that others don't. What are you looking for?

Well I play SFV, SC6 and DBZF. SFV has a pretty robust training mode and really helps finding out what's plus/minus. I usually watch combo guides and character tutorials on YouTube but I always appreciate well written documents that explain everything in detail.

User Info: haimara

haimara
1 year ago#9
Sesshoru posted...
grandabx posted...

Well I play SFV, SC6 and DBZF. SFV has a pretty robust training mode and really helps finding out what's plus/minus. I usually watch combo guides and character tutorials on YouTube but I always appreciate well written documents that explain everything in detail.

i'm a big fan of sajam's match analysis videos

they aren't specifically character guides, but he always goes into a ton of detail on the matchup and small decisions, which often involves going into character specifics if your character's in the match. and you learn how to deal with characters if they're not

Sesshoru
1 year ago#10
haimara posted...
Sesshoru posted...
grandabx posted...

i'm a big fan of sajam's match analysis videos

they aren't specifically character guides, but he always goes into a ton of detail on the matchup and small decisions, which often involves going into character specifics if your character's in the match. and you learn how to deal with characters if they're not

I'll check them out thanks 👍
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. What Is Your Opinion On Eventhubs And Shoryuken As Fighting Game Sites?
  • Topic Archived

Still need help? Check out our guides and walkthroughs

Move List and Guide by Slateman 2 years ago
Unlockables Guide by Slateman 4 years ago
Game Script (PC) by AndyKusanagi 4 years ago
Move List and Guide by IceQueenZer0 4 years ago

GameFAQs Q&A