• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Is capcom trying to kill sfv?

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 month ago#51
Shin_Akuma76 posted...
While that may be true, Street Fighter V has been anything but "routine."

So your point is, because you don't know the specifics, SFV must be different to every other game? Great logic. For some unknown reason, it's a special case, immune from the problems that affect the rest of the industry?

FatalImage posted...
Those AAA games with hours of cut scenes, voice acting, massive worlds with dozens of hours of content, scripting, dialogue, etc. Those ones, right?

Timely reminder that the Shadow Falls expansion was more involved than an entire season of one of those Saturday morning cartoons. It had detailed backgrounds, 6 hours of recorded dialog, etc.

FatalImage posted...
I'm impressed you know better than Capcom what is viable marketing. While also knowing better than NRS. And Bandai/Namco. And ArcSys. Not to mention other genres.

It's not a matter of me knowing better than Capcom. Evo 2016 already happened. Evo 2017 already happened. Evo 2018 already happened. NONE of them were followed by a big spike in sales for any of the games involved. Nobody has heard of any of the other touraments, they barely even get any viewers, let alone non-fighting-game-owners who would be motivated to go out and spend money buying a copy. This is not speculative. It's stuff you can look up. Tournaments simply don't work as a form of promotion.

User Info: Shin_Akuma76

Shin_Akuma76
1 month ago#52
DarkDoc posted...
Shin_Akuma76 posted...
While that may be true, Street Fighter V has been anything but "routine."

So your point is, because you don't know the specifics, SFV must be different to every other game? Great logic. For some unknown reason, it's a special case, immune from the problems that affect the rest of the industry?

So again, you have anything to actually backup your claim...?

Next time you quote me, don't forget to use everything I said so you'll have a complete understanding of your assignment in the future...
"I am power made flesh, I will show you how truly weak you are!"
Check out http://www.culturejunkies.net

DarkDoc
1 month ago#53
Assignment? I'm not playing your silly games, if that's what you mean.

You're obviously not interested in moving the conversation onwards. And that's fine.

Shin_Akuma76
1 month ago#54
DarkDoc posted...
Assignment? I'm not playing your silly games, if that's what you mean.

You're obviously not interested in moving the conversation onwards. And that's fine.

Not a silly game. Just telling you (like always) to back up your claims. Shouldn't be too hard since you seem to love to claim what Capcom does when it comes to their budgets, marketing expenditures, etc...

User Info: NoizyChild

NoizyChild
1 month ago#55
nhat posted...
at this point Vulcan you're so jaded and biased that your opinions aren't reasonably sound anymore.

They were never sound in the first place.

Vulcan acts cynical and jaded towards every fighting game because it's a way to cover up the fact that he's bad at them.

He hated SF4 and was constantly praising SF5, until he kept getting his ass handed to him, then he starts whining about how the game has no neutral and is UNGA, despite him playing the characters that exemplify the same things he claims to hate (Bison and Urien).

He was a ragequitting machine on the IJ2 boards. Why?

I don't care about the game, despite me quitting every single time I lose

Vulcan likes to paint himself as some FG intellectual because he doesn't fit into FGs otherwise. He's lazy, scrubby, and quite frankly a bitter washout.
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/profile/RxGNoizyChild

DarkDoc
1 month ago#56
NoizyChild posted...
he's bad at them.

Same s*** in every post.

Shin_Akuma76
1 month ago#57
DarkDoc posted...
Same s*** in every post.

Have you seen your posting history?

Pot meet kettle...

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 month ago#58
Trust me, if I were THAT bad, I wouldn't continue playing games of this genre.

Yes, I hated aspects of SF4, and still do. Same with SF5. Yes, I b****ed for the longest time about having character crises. Yes, I inevitably end up picking top tier in every game I play, depending on the flow of the metagame. But in no way does that make me a scrub. I know full well that losses are the result of my own failings, but that's not going to stop me from pointing out flaws in the game's design, especially in comparison to other installments.

Years of disappointment has turned me cynical, but I still remain hopeful and determined nonetheless.

Also, I never had any intention of taking InjustASS 2 seriously. At all. The only reason I got it was to s***post online with Deadshot. Once I got bored with that, I immediately went back to MKX.
Super Smash Bros. is not a fighting game.
SF5: M. Bison, Guile, Zeku | T7: Dragunov, Lars | SC6: Cervantes

User Info: johnrayjr

johnrayjr
1 month ago#59
Sonnyb4u posted...
BoxShark997 posted...
Sonnyb4u posted...
No

So they are just this incompetent?

No
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V