• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Today is the 1 year anniversary of Arcade Edition.

User Info: nhat

nhat
4 weeks ago#21
@DarkDoc posted...

Bass_X0 posted...
No big deal. It’s only money. It’s the experience that counts. I very much love being in the eye of the storm of hype when it comes to Street Fighter.

And while people have this attitude, there is no reason to improve. Stop trying to sweep the problems under the carpet and expect more. SF used to be about quality and appealing to new fans. Now it's just about stooping to a new low and seeing how much they can get away with as they rip off their dwindling loyal fanbase.

That makes no sense, Capcom doesn't release a new SF series every 2 years like NRS. GGxrd been out since 2014 but the community is there regardless. The majority of FGs out there aren't as huge as MK, SF or Tekken but the community and players still play regardless.

Bass_X0 posted...
Capcom has always started off small with each new series (excluding those spin-offs with asset reuses); having been a fan since the early 90s, it’s just something I’ve come to expect and accept.

Huh? When SF2 came out it was the biggest game ever. Pretty sure SFEX1 was the biggest game ever. SF3NG had the most frames of animation ever. SF4 was a very decent size.

It's a myth that Capcom always start small.

SFA1, SF3 all started out small and sold < 1 mil. SF3 started out with 11 characters and SFA1 started with 13 characters. Both games sold and have less characters then SF5 when release
PSO- 09

User Info: getterwing

getterwing
4 weeks ago#22
nhat posted...
@DarkDoc posted...

Bass_X0 posted...
No big deal. It’s only money. It’s the experience that counts. I very much love being in the eye of the storm of hype when it comes to Street Fighter.

And while people have this attitude, there is no reason to improve. Stop trying to sweep the problems under the carpet and expect more. SF used to be about quality and appealing to new fans. Now it's just about stooping to a new low and seeing how much they can get away with as they rip off their dwindling loyal fanbase.

That makes no sense, Capcom doesn't release a new SF series every 2 years like NRS. GGxrd been out since 2014 but the community is there regardless. The majority of FGs out there aren't as huge as MK, SF or Tekken but the community and players still play regardless.

Bass_X0 posted...
Capcom has always started off small with each new series (excluding those spin-offs with asset reuses); having been a fan since the early 90s, it’s just something I’ve come to expect and accept.

Huh? When SF2 came out it was the biggest game ever. Pretty sure SFEX1 was the biggest game ever. SF3NG had the most frames of animation ever. SF4 was a very decent size.

It's a myth that Capcom always start small.

SFA1, SF3 all started out small and sold < 1 mil. SF3 started out with 11 characters and SFA1 started with 13 characters. Both games sold and have less characters then SF5 when release

SFA1 was small because the developer don't have time to finish what they want. Indeed their vision for SFA1 could not be fulfilled until SFA2. And don't forget that SFA is an arcade game which is very popular in Japan and Asia.

User Info: Shin_Akuma76

Shin_Akuma76
4 weeks ago#23
FireMadePrime posted...
The SF Players, even the Pro Players (most of them, not everyone gets paid like Daigo), are very poor. They can't sustain a SF game with buying dlc, the best they can do is watch the streams.

What makes you think this? Would love to see the evidence that backs up this claim...
"I am power made flesh, I will show you how truly weak you are!"
Check out http://www.culturejunkies.net

Shin_Akuma76
4 weeks ago#24
DarkDoc posted...
SF2 was the biggest videogame in the world without having any costumes.

You do realize that was almost 30 years ago, before DLC even existed right?

I didn't mind not having Cowboy Ken in SF2 or Wedding Chun in Alpha.

It isn't only about you...

User Info: hitens

hitens
4 weeks ago#25
AE ruined the game
If you respond to someone you previously said you ignored, you're a coward with no willpower.

User Info: GunkoGunko

GunkoGunko
4 weeks ago#26
@hitens posted...
AE ruined the game

How so, out of interest?
CFN: Gunkooo (PSN), HajimeNoGunko (PC), DOJO: Gunkoism

User Info: FireMadePrime

FireMadePrime
4 weeks ago#27
Shin_Akuma76 posted...
FireMadePrime posted...
The SF Players, even the Pro Players (most of them, not everyone gets paid like Daigo), are very poor. They can't sustain a SF game with buying dlc, the best they can do is watch the streams.

What makes you think this? Would love to see the evidence that backs up this claim...

Dude, the evidence is all over here in this board, on facebook, on reddit, basically in the whole internet.

We make polls, we ask questions and the majority of people say they want everything for free because they don't have money to spend.

Even Pro Players don't buy the dlc characters, and some of them said this more than one time in their social media.

Honestly, the evidence about this community being poor is everywhere.

I think I can count only 4 people here in this board that actually likes to buy dlc costumes.

Myself, @Damastah101 @VanCityPlayboy and @Bass_X0 . Besides us, a lot of people cry a lot about spending money on this game, specially @DarkDoc , this guy is the one the cry the most. I feel so sorry for him that I feel like we should do a fund me campaign to help him get a costume for his main in this game, for him to see that there's hope in the world and not be so salty about spending money on dlc.
https://twitter.com/4everbuffy

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
4 weeks ago#28
I’ve bought almost all the costumes.

I don’t have B-Girl Chun-Li, Nero, Dante, the Resident Evil costumes and Halloween 2018 costumes. I have all the Fighting Chance and Extra Battle costumes.
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

Shin_Akuma76
4 weeks ago#29
FireMadePrime posted...
Shin_Akuma76 posted...
FireMadePrime posted...

Dude, the evidence is all over here in this board, on facebook, on reddit, basically in the whole internet.

We make polls, we ask questions and the majority of people say they want everything for free because they don't have money to spend.

Even Pro Players don't buy the dlc characters, and some of them said this more than one time in their social media.

Honestly, the evidence about this community being poor is everywhere.

I think I can count only 4 people here in this board that actually likes to buy dlc costumes.

Myself, @Damastah101 @VanCityPlayboy and @Bass_X0 . Besides us, a lot of people cry a lot about spending money on this game, specially @DarkDoc , this guy is the one the cry the most. I feel so sorry for him that I feel like we should do a fund me campaign to help him get a costume for his main in this game, for him to see that there's hope in the world and not be so salty about spending money on dlc.

You do realize that it is human nature to want things for free right? If given the choice between paying for something and getting that same thing for free, the vast majority will opt for free. So your polls, tweets, etc. don’t really reflect anyone’s economic status.

I own all of the characters on both PS4 and PC and you won’t find me complaining about costs because I’ve already accepted the change to the industry that DLC brought with it the moment hard drives were installed in video game consoles.

You’ve been recently complaining about the FM nerfs, so does that make you one of the “poor” players too?

User Info: formanbradley

formanbradley
4 weeks ago#30
Capcom is a lousy spouse that forgot about their anniversary, and buys a gift last minute (250 Fight Money) to make it all better.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Today is the 1 year anniversary of Arcade Edition.
  • Topic Archived