• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. HD remakes of past SF meta-series next, in lieu of SF6?

User Info: KungFu Rider

KungFu Rider
2 months ago#1
Should Capcom focus on developing HD remakes of past SFs in lieu of SF6? - Results (50 votes)
No
74% (37 votes)
Yes
26% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Rather than working on Street Fighter 6, or continue to keep SF5 on life-support... should Capcom develop Hyper versions of the previous Street Fighter meta-series with at minimum HD HUD as seen in USF2 and BGM options?

Hyper Street Fighter II
- Ability to select character versions from SF2, SF2'CE, SF2T, SSF2, & SSF2T.
- Ability to select the stage variations (SF2, SF2'CE, SSF2).
- Ability to select which specific version of arcade ladder to play though (SF2, SF2'CE, SF2T, SSF2, & SSF2T), or randomize during through and have their corresponding versions of their stages.
- Character endings based on which character version you played as.
- Ability to select the preferred BGM: CPS1, CPS2, Redbook audio.

Hyper Street Fighter Alpha
- Ability to select character versions from SFA, SFA2, SFA2G, & SFA3 [Upper].
- Ability to select the stages/variations (SFA, SFA2, SFA3 [Upper]).
- Ability to select which specific version of arcade ladder to play though (SFA, SFA2, SFA2G, & SFA3 [Upper]), or randomize during through and have their corresponding versions of their stages.
- Character endings based on which character version you played as.
- Ability to select the preferred BGM: CPS1, CPS2, Arranged (SFA), Original or Arranged (SFA2).

Hyper Street Fighter III
- Ability to select character versions from New Generation, 2nd Impact, and 3rd Strike.
- Ability to select the stages/variations (2nd Impact and 3rd Strike)
- Ability to select which specific version of arcade ladder to play though (New Generation, 2nd Impact, and 3rd Strike), or randomize during through and have their corresponding versions of their stages.
- Character endings based on which character version you played as (2nd Impact or 3rd Strike)
- Ability to select the preferred BGM: New Generation, Second Impact, 3rd Strike Original, or 3rd Strike Arranged.

Also how much would you be willing to pay for each? As well, do you think do you think online should be a subscription-based DLC in exchange for more reliable netcode?
CYBORGS ARE SO CONTENT, I WISH I CAN BE ONE...

User Info: DemonCurse69

DemonCurse69
2 months ago#2
We already have 2 HD versions of SF2.
Next time, do the world the favor you promised. QUACK

User Info: KungFu Rider

KungFu Rider
2 months ago#3
DemonCurse69 posted...

Those are low-value ports, so they don't even count. And in SSF2 Turbo HD Remix it's not even considered a legitimate product (it was an outsourced product), along the line of SF Movie - The Game.
CYBORGS ARE SO CONTENT, I WISH I CAN BE ONE...

User Info: DemonCurse69

DemonCurse69
2 months ago#4
KungFu Rider posted...
DemonCurse69 posted...

Those are low-value ports, so they don't even count. And in SSF2 Turbo HD Remix it's not even considered a legitimate product (it was an outsourced product), along the line of SF Movie - The Game.

So you don't know the definition of a port. Also, both SF4 and SF5 were outsourced to Dimps.
Next time, do the world the favor you promised. QUACK

User Info: RetroGamer9

RetroGamer9
2 months ago#5
They’ve already released street fighter 2, over 30 times. Enough.
CECH-A00

User Info: GamingVet

GamingVet
2 months ago#6
If anything, I'd like a Remaster of Street Fighter The Movie, yea I said it and I mean it.

Oh and remasters of SF Ex series would get purchased by me.

User Info: Sonnyb4u

Sonnyb4u
2 months ago#7
KungFu Rider posted...

Those are low-value ports

Neither of them were ports.
One was a Remake. The other was a new version.

And if you wanted to call them ports.. Because they were ported... What makes them low value? They contain new and unreleased content

User Info: Dragonruler9999

Dragonruler9999
2 months ago#8
RetroGamer9 posted...

This. I loled at anyone that bought that 30 years collection. Provided you own and have 2+3+alpha which you most likely do.
...The Creator Of RyuKe...

User Info: RetroGamer9

RetroGamer9
2 months ago#9
Dragonruler9999 posted...
RetroGamer9 posted...

This. I loled at anyone that bought that 30 years collection. Provided you own and have 2+3+alpha which you most likely do.

I loled at anyone who bought that collection to begin with, considering you can get the same experience on an emulator + rom pack.
CECH-A00

User Info: MLaw3k

MLaw3k
2 months ago#10
No.
FC: 0619-9740-9545
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. HD remakes of past SF meta-series next, in lieu of SF6?
  • Topic Archived