You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Why won't Capcom just talk to us?

User Info: coyotelad

coyotelad
1 week ago#1
Why the radio silence?

When they cut FM missions from 5000 to 2500 and removed the FM bonuses from single player content, at least they told us ahead of time, and they gave us some explanations for doing so. They did indeed at least add the soldiers as another source of FM, like they said they would, so their explanations weren't total BS. Most people accepted the changes; we were prepared for them.

I still haven't bought Kage, because I still hold out hope for a season 4 pass. Capcom put out some weasel words that there's no season pass at this time, but they didn't come out and say there won't be a season pass. I would really be pissed if I bought Kage and then they came out and announced a season pass afterwards, so I guess I'm just not going to be buying Kage in the meantime until we get a definitive answer. Why is Capcom being so tight-lipped about Season 4? What are your plans, Capcom? Just talk to us!

This is all so strange. This isn't how you treat your customers, the people you want to spend money on your product. This is how you shrink your customer base. I haven't even logged into the game this year and I have no motivation to do so until Capcom tells us something. I don't want to invest anymore into the game when I have no idea where it's heading.
"CARLSON AND PETERRRRS!!!!!"

User Info: michaelangelo

michaelangelo
1 week ago#2
coyotelad posted...
Why the radio silence?

When they cut FM missions from 5000 to 2500 and removed the FM bonuses from single player content, at least they told us ahead of time, and they gave us some explanations for doing so. They did indeed at least add the soldiers as another source of FM, like they said they would, so their explanations weren't total BS. Most people accepted the changes; we were prepared for them.

I still haven't bought Kage, because I still hold out hope for a season 4 pass. Capcom put out some weasel words that there's no season pass at this time, but they didn't come out and say there won't be a season pass. I would really be pissed if I bought Kage and then they came out and announced a season pass afterwards, so I guess I'm just not going to be buying Kage in the meantime until we get a definitive answer. Why is Capcom being so tight-lipped about Season 4? What are your plans, Capcom? Just talk to us!

This is all so strange. This isn't how you treat your customers, the people you want to spend money on your product. This is how you shrink your customer base. I haven't even logged into the game this year and I have no motivation to do so until Capcom tells us something. I don't want to invest anymore into the game when I have no idea where it's heading.

I do wish they improved their f***ing communication. They are opaque as f***. Not everything needs to be a damn surprise.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: SpiralSwords

SpiralSwords
1 week ago#3
Their communication is total ass.
"I ain't INTERESTED in a buncha scrubs like you!!"-Cloud Strife

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
1 week ago#4
How many characters will it take without a season pass announced before you give in and buy them?
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

User Info: Gatsuka

Gatsuka
1 week ago#5
Tried calling but went to voicemail.

I think Capcom is breaking up with me.
Currently playing sf5/Umvc3, Soon : T7/MvC:I
PSN/steam : heartfilledblood CFN : heartfilledblood

User Info: Sonnyb4u

Sonnyb4u
1 week ago#6
With SFV being a service platform,
I do agree their communication is really falling apart.
I wonder what's going on in the offices these days.

Capcom actually responded on Twitter saying there would be no season pass. But I don't understand why they only responded on Twitter?

Why don't they use their main communication platforms?

I wonder why Capcom won't let SFV be great?
They did say wait a bit, so all we can do is wait
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
1 week ago#7
Same reason Nintendo just got announcements and no direct video like before. They're just companies.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
This Gen:RDR2=GOW>FFX/X-2=FFXIITZA=Witcher 3>DOOM>Cuphead

User Info: Sonnyb4u

Sonnyb4u
1 week ago#8
Just a quick note.

The person managing social media for SFV Japan is doing a much better job.

User Info: Monster-one

Monster-one
1 week ago#9
I remember making a topic about this and people were contrarian and standoffish and just argued with me defending capcom like typical gamefaqers, now things are worse.
I dont really care anymore, fm or changing the game mechanics. I play the game less now anyway. I just want them to release good characters.
I think capcom are mulling atm dropping this game or moving to a different direction, atleast since ono got a new position and the mh director/leader stepped in. Especially since esports is not as profitable. They're probably reducing the budget for the game and may release less characters and stages. Maybe we will go back to the 2000's and capcom will stop making fighting games. Time will tell.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: LouieKablouie

LouieKablouie
1 week ago#10
It's like S2 all over again except I didn't pay for a season pass this time.
"Freed from this mortal coil."
- Ghost of Tsushima: Shadows Die Twice
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Why won't Capcom just talk to us?