You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Capcom to introduce "Sponsored Content" in-game, from December 11th

User Info: GunkoGunko

GunkoGunko
1 week ago#1
https://bit.ly/SFVFreeTrialContent

SPONSORED CONTENT

Sponsored Content will be introduced into Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition on December 11. Sponsored content will be displayed in several locations in-game to remind you about costumes, bundles, and the Capcom Pro Tour. When Sponsored Content is enabled, players can obtain additional Fight Money in Ranked and Casual Matches - these bonuses come with an upper limit. Here are the places where you will see Sponsored Content:

- Costumes: Ad Style – Every character will have an Ad Style costume where the sponsored content will appear somewhere on their clothing or model
- Loading Ads – A sponsor will appear in the versus screen before a battle – this will not affect loading screen times
- Stage Ads – Some tournament stages feature a sponsor like the Ring of Power

If you’d rather not see Sponsored Content, you can easily turn this feature off by going into Battle Settings, which will give you the following options:

- Sponsored Content Settings – Here, you can adjust the sponsored content settings. Turn sponsored content on to receive bonus Fight Money in Ranked and Casual Matches.
- Sponsor Display – Turning the setting on allows you to access sponsored content such as Ad Style costumes.
- Loading & Stage Ads – Selecting “on” gives you access to Stage and Loading Ads.

https://i.imgtc.com/oWEuS5S.jpg https://i.imgtc.com/rG9fN7v.jpg
CFN: Gunkooo (PSN), HajimeNoGunko (PC), DOJO: Gunkoism
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Blue_Inigo

Blue_Inigo
1 week ago#2
This is weird
"This is your last dance."

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 week ago#3
Just what I always wanted. Advert Fighter V.

GunkoGunko
1 week ago#4
Blue_Inigo posted...
This is weird

Yeah, I'm not sure how to feel about this just yet. I think for the fact that they will allow you to freely turn off the sponsored content (for now) is a really good thing. This will definitely open up advertising opportunities for other companies (eg, Vertegear, Razor, etc), but I'm not sure I want to see adverts in a fighting game...

You do get free FM though, so there is at least a bit of an incentive for the player.

Will have to see how it works out.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: chingi1

chingi1
1 week ago#5
Free to play soon?

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 week ago#6
Get out a here with that s***. I don't want my videogame to have an official gaming chair.

If you couldn't turn it off, that would definitely make me quit the game.

GunkoGunko
1 week ago#7
DarkDoc posted...
If you couldn't turn it off, that would definitely make me quit the game.

Two things:

1. It clearly says the ads can be toggled. If you turn it off, you won't earn any FM.
2. To quit a game, you must first own it. Here's an Amazon link: http://amzn.eu/d/40rG5u0

User Info: BlueMage02

BlueMage02
1 week ago#8
That's weird af. I don't really care about it too much but I'm gonna turn it off cause it's kinda distracting.

Hopefully this means prize money for CC will increase for next year.
PSN:BlueXMage XBL:jfellipe 3DS FC: 3995 - 7815 - 0886
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: aton_ra

aton_ra
1 week ago#9
Blue_Inigo posted...
This is weird
All heroes have established their thrones atop not just their enemies, but a large quantity of allied corpses as well. There are no monarchs with clean hands.

User Info: TampaBray

TampaBray
1 week ago#10
Yeah, gotta see the FM benefits.

Turning this off immediately if all I’m getting are pennies and nickels.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Capcom to introduce "Sponsored Content" in-game, from December 11th