• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. You think Capcom exhausted all the remaining novelty of past games on 5's DLC?

User Info: M0NSTARS

M0NSTARS
2 months ago#1
Cause what is 6 gonna get? Past costumes again? "Past costumes" from SF5? Lol
Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people

User Info: michaelangelo

michaelangelo
2 months ago#2
I don't think we'll get a 6 for a long time. If we get a PS5 soon this will likely be a port with more characters and a title upgrade. They've invested so much in 5 I don't care how much people cry wait for 6. This is going the GaaS model and will be around for a good while before we see 6. 6 would likely be a few years into next gen when they can actually show real improvements on the current engine.

M0NSTARS
2 months ago#3
michaelangelo posted...
I don't think we'll get a 6 for a long time. If we get a PS5 soon this will likely be a port with more characters and a title upgrade. They've invested so much in 5 I don't care how much people cry wait for 6. This is going the GaaS model and will be around for a good while before we see 6. 6 would likely be a few years into next gen when they can actually show real improvements on the current engine.

I mean yeah but just like 4, people knew we wouldnt get the next for a while. And we got 5. We're gonna get a 6. In business you cant really be in the now. You gotta look towards the future. So I hope right now they're at least working out the story. This gen was crap. Console wise

User Info: RNGNoizyChild

RNGNoizyChild
2 months ago#4
There will always be a market for past costumes and characters because the FGC in general is obsessed with nostalgia.

As long as there are people that can't move on from the 90s, there will always be people to buy the same old costumes from 1992-1999.
#GetTheStrap

M0NSTARS
2 months ago#5
RNGNoizyChild posted...
There will always be a market for past costumes and characters because the FGC in general is obsessed with nostalgia.

As long as there are people that can't move on from the 90s, there will always be people to buy the same old costumes from 1992-1999.

Yeah, but... In the next game though? I'd understand if they skip a game. Re-reintroduce nostalgia costumes. That way at least we have a gap. But now you cant just slap on..."Now introducing new nostalgia costumes. That were in 5 but we're putting them in 6 too!"

Yeah, that's not guaranteed to impress.

User Info: RNGNoizyChild

RNGNoizyChild
2 months ago#6
M0NSTARS posted...
Yeah, but... In the next game though? I'd understand if they skip a game. Re-reintroduce nostalgia costumes. That way at least we have a gap. But now you cant just slap on..."Now introducing new nostalgia costumes. That were in 5 but we're putting them in 6 too!"

Yeah, that's not guaranteed to impress.

There are people getting hype because Vega just got the same exact design he's had since 1991, which was also his default in SF4.

These same people are complaining because Ken, Dhalsim, and Bison don't look exactly the same as they did in SF2.

Again, as long as there are people that refuse to move on from the 90s, things like nostalgia costumes will always have a market.
#GetTheStrap

User Info: FireMadePrime

FireMadePrime
2 months ago#7
M0NSTARS posted...

SF6 is so so far away. I think maybe in 2025.

We're in 2018. SF5 will probably last at least until season 7 which means 2022.
https://twitter.com/4everbuffy

M0NSTARS
2 months ago#8
FireMadePrime posted...
M0NSTARS posted...

SF6 is so so far away. I think maybe in 2025.

We're in 2018. SF5 will probably last at least until season 7 which means 2022.

Lol, how can you say for sure that that is how its gonna be? 6 may come in 3 years. Maybe 10. Maybe not at all

If they keep making the style look like big-Kingdom-Hearts-foot roided apes then we may not get another one

User Info: Monster-one

Monster-one
2 months ago#9
We dont know if sf6 will be coming out.

User Info: FireMadePrime

FireMadePrime
2 months ago#10
Exactly. Nobody knows for sure.

The one thing I think is for sure is that SF5 will not be going anywhere anytime soon.

But I think, and this is just my own speculation, that after Season 5 they might change the title name to either Super SF5 or Ultra SF5 so they can sell a new disc with everything in it and at the same time release the upgrade online for those who bought SF5 or SF5AE.
https://twitter.com/4everbuffy
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. You think Capcom exhausted all the remaining novelty of past games on 5's DLC?
  • Topic Archived