• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. What's the most recent sales number?

User Info: mustain2121

mustain2121
2 months ago#21
DemonCurse69 posted...
mustain2121 posted...
RE7 didn't do too well and barely met its sales target,

That was because of the s*** show of RE6. While 5 was somewhat of a disappointment, all copies of 6 deserved to be burned in a dumpster.

RE7 has the worst sales record since RE3 in 1999, and I agree that RE6 had a lot to do with that. That's what Capcom gets for changing a winning formula to please the CoD crowd.

Still, my point remains: Capcom would likely be long gone if it wasn't for Monster Hunter. MHW is the best selling Capcom game ever, and I think they really needed the cash infusion from that success.

Think about all the losses they've had to incur the last few years: Street Fighter X Tekken, MVCi, Deep Down (they spent a s*** ton of money developing a game, that they found to test very negatively, they went back to the drawing board, then cancelled it altogether), Darkstalkers Revival (apparently it didn't sell enough for Capcom to revisit the idea of a new DS game), Dead Rising 4 (was supposed to hit 2 million but Capcom acknowledged that hitting that target may prove challenging), Umbrella Corps and this is just off the top of my head.

I do hope they'll survive this slump because Capcom hold my favorite IPs in the gaming world and I want to see them thrive.
PSN: mustain21
"Chickens used to rule the earth eighty years ago when dinosaurs roamed Mexico" - Guacamelee 2.

User Info: crayola555

crayola555
2 months ago#22
mustain2121 posted...
What's the most recent sales number?

It's over 9000...........their target sales.
3DS FC: 0619-4850-3479 IGN: AlmaDelita

User Info: CLupula

CLupula
2 months ago#23
nhat posted...
mustain2121 posted...
Monster-one posted...
Vulcan422 posted...
Monster-one posted...
Vulcan422 posted...
As proven by the fact this game is still alive and more season passes are well on the way until at least the year 2020, sales numbers are irrelevant in regards to fighting games. The community is the only truly relevant factor, and the community for this game is still alive and well. Many people claiming to hate it still play it, be it because they're actually tsundere for it, only hate on it to shill other games (which is a good way to make people NOT play your game), or because they have no other options (because they failed to shill for their games). If anyone has dropped it, they've already done so in a respectful manner to the people still playing it.

It matters if you want a sequel.

DLC revenue.

Bam, sequel achieved.

Are they making enough in dlc to justify a sequel? soul calibur director claimed if they dont sell enough copies they wont make a sequel. Despite sf4 selling a huge amount in copies and dlc capcom still didnt want to spend to make sf5 until sony stepped in.
Even if capcom is loaded with money sales will still matter massively.

Capcom is in possibly its worst financial position in its 39 year history. They just closed the Vancouver division responsible for Dead Rising, which will cost them $50 million just to complete. Frankly, if it wasn't for Monster Hunter, I don't think the company would still be around today.

You forgot RE series and Bionic Commando which did really well too

Bionic Commando did not do really well. It was a huge flop. The 2D remake Bionic Commando Rearmed did well, but the 3D Bionic Commando, where they put a lot of money did horribly.

What you have to remember is that Keiji Inafune did a ton of damage to Capcom with his bulls*** policies and sad attempts to Westernize everything Capcom did (see DmC). They are still recovering from the damage he did. But sales positive sales of Resident Evil and Monster Hunter have kept them afloat.

Obviously, Street Fighter V is doing well or they'd stop making DLC for it. Do you see MVCI getting any support?

User Info: CLupula

CLupula
2 months ago#24
mustain2121 posted...
nhat posted...
mustain2121 posted...
Monster-one posted...
Vulcan422 posted...
Monster-one posted...
Vulcan422 posted...
As proven by the fact this game is still alive and more season passes are well on the way until at least the year 2020, sales numbers are irrelevant in regards to fighting games. The community is the only truly relevant factor, and the community for this game is still alive and well. Many people claiming to hate it still play it, be it because they're actually tsundere for it, only hate on it to shill other games (which is a good way to make people NOT play your game), or because they have no other options (because they failed to shill for their games). If anyone has dropped it, they've already done so in a respectful manner to the people still playing it.

It matters if you want a sequel.

DLC revenue.

Bam, sequel achieved.

Are they making enough in dlc to justify a sequel? soul calibur director claimed if they dont sell enough copies they wont make a sequel. Despite sf4 selling a huge amount in copies and dlc capcom still didnt want to spend to make sf5 until sony stepped in.
Even if capcom is loaded with money sales will still matter massively.

Capcom is in possibly its worst financial position in its 39 year history. They just closed the Vancouver division responsible for Dead Rising, which will cost them $50 million just to complete. Frankly, if it wasn't for Monster Hunter, I don't think the company would still be around today.

RE7 didn't do too well and barely met its sales target, and bionic commando....? Really?? Wait, are you being sarcastic?

RE7 did great. Not as great as RE5 and RE6, but it still did great.

https://gamingbolt.com/capcom-on-resident-evil-7-sales-sometimes-its-not-just-about-commercial-performance

User Info: mustain2121

mustain2121
2 months ago#25
CLupula posted...

RE7 did great. Not as great as RE5 and RE6, but it still did great.

https://gamingbolt.com/capcom-on-resident-evil-7-sales-sometimes-its-not-just-about-commercial-performance

Like I said: lowest sales in the RE series since 1999, so you might consider it "doing well" but it's definitely a step back for the series since even RE6 did better and that game had sooooo many problems, it almost killed the franchise.
PSN: mustain21
"Chickens used to rule the earth eighty years ago when dinosaurs roamed Mexico" - Guacamelee 2.

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
2 months ago#26
Monster-one posted...
Are they making enough in dlc to justify a sequel?

Its making less than other fighting gamez becauze (1) the audience is smaller, and (2) you dont need to uy characters because of FM.

What we do know is that when MKX or Tekken 7 or Injustice 2 or DBFZ releases DLC or a season pass, it sells well enough to get into the top 10 of the PSN sales chart. Nothing from SFV has ever achieved this.

If you want to rely on DLC, you cant have 2 million owners. Look at DOA5: 10 million people bave that game, and as a result it got to season 7.

nhat posted...

It doesnt work like that. This isnt the insurance industry where one thing is supposed to pay for another. Every game has to stand on its own two feet.

Fusion99 posted...
I heard sf5 including ae passed 3 million. Not sure where the link I had went though.

The figure is 2.1 million. AE on its own is the 0.1 million - the game did not make the top 40 anywhere in the world.

User Info: shin_mcgoo

shin_mcgoo
2 months ago#27
mustain2121 posted...
DemonCurse69 posted...
mustain2121 posted...
RE7 didn't do too well and barely met its sales target,

That was because of the s*** show of RE6. While 5 was somewhat of a disappointment, all copies of 6 deserved to be burned in a dumpster.

RE7 has the worst sales record since RE3 in 1999, and I agree that RE6 had a lot to do with that. That's what Capcom gets for changing a winning formula to please the CoD crowd.

Still, my point remains: Capcom would likely be long gone if it wasn't for Monster Hunter. MHW is the best selling Capcom game ever, and I think they really needed the cash infusion from that success.

Think about all the losses they've had to incur the last few years: Street Fighter X Tekken, MVCi, Deep Down (they spent a s*** ton of money developing a game, that they found to test very negatively, they went back to the drawing board, then cancelled it altogether), Darkstalkers Revival (apparently it didn't sell enough for Capcom to revisit the idea of a new DS game), Dead Rising 4 (was supposed to hit 2 million but Capcom acknowledged that hitting that target may prove challenging), Umbrella Corps and this is just off the top of my head.

I do hope they'll survive this slump because Capcom hold my favorite IPs in the gaming world and I want to see them thrive.

Short term, they'll be OK with RE2 and DMCV coming out. Long term, MH is their bread and butter. I wonder though if Capcom actually makes a profit on the SFV esports scene. They seem to spend a lot of money on it.
"That was quite a mouthful! I guess you're used to that kind of thing."

User Info: grandabx

grandabx
2 months ago#28
mustain2121 posted...
Deep Down

https://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn87330005&docId=AER20180602084533#docIndex=1&page=1

IDK
"in Japan, I can be my own antenna, but abroad that doesn't work". - Satoru Iwata

User Info: SmashK

SmashK
2 months ago#29
Vulcan422 posted...

Well, if the sales numbers for SFV remain low long-term, it might impact the budget for SF6. So it might be irrelevant right now, but those low sales figures could have an effect on the future of Street Fighter.

User Info: ApocalypticPsn

ApocalypticPsn
2 months ago#30
crayola555 posted...
mustain2121 posted...
What's the most recent sales number?

It's over 9000...........their target sales.

https://youtu.be/SiMHTK15Pik?t=9
Mood: https://youtu.be/A1W82jl8ocU
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. What's the most recent sales number?
  • Topic Archived