• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. What's the most recent sales number?

User Info: mustain2121

mustain2121
2 months ago#1
Last I heard (which was a while ago) sales were still below 2 million copies. Have they reached their milestone after AE launched? It looks like the game is fairly active online.
PSN: mustain21
"Chickens used to rule the earth eighty years ago when dinosaurs roamed Mexico" - Guacamelee 2.

User Info: CLupula

CLupula
2 months ago#2
Ono said it got to 2.5 million a bit ago and vanilla SFV is listed on Capcom's financial reports as 2.1 million, so I am guessing AE has probably sold a half million and SFV is probably still 2.1 or so, since no one would be dumb enough to buy further copies of it after AE came out.

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
2 months ago#3
As proven by the fact this game is still alive and more season passes are well on the way until at least the year 2020, sales numbers are irrelevant in regards to fighting games. The community is the only truly relevant factor, and the community for this game is still alive and well. Many people claiming to hate it still play it, be it because they're actually tsundere for it, only hate on it to shill other games (which is a good way to make people NOT play your game), or because they have no other options (because they failed to shill for their games). If anyone has dropped it, they've already done so in a respectful manner to the people still playing it.
Super Smash Bros. is not a fighting game.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Guile | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi | SC6: Cervantes | BBTAG: Orie/Gordeau

User Info: michaelangelo

michaelangelo
2 months ago#4
Vulcan422 posted...
As proven by the fact this game is still alive and more season passes are well on the way until at least the year 2020, sales numbers are irrelevant in regards to fighting games. The community is the only truly relevant factor, and the community for this game is still alive and well. Many people claiming to hate it still play it, be it because they're actually tsundere for it, only hate on it to shill other games (which is a good way to make people NOT play your game), or because they have no other options (because they failed to shill for their games). If anyone has dropped it, they've already done so in a respectful manner to the people still playing it.

^ basically. What do sales matter atm if the community is the most alive of all the fgc?

User Info: Vigrim

Vigrim
2 months ago#5
If this game starts to struggle at all it will end up on PS+ first. Destiny 2 for example was performing subpar and was thrown up this month, its telling. So until then alls well really, expect season 4 and probably 5 as well.
https://i.imgur.com/N19dutP.gif http://i.imgur.com/RbNdoh.jpg

mustain2121
2 months ago#6
Yeah, I'm definitely seeing this game continuing to receive support which is great, thought it really makes you wonder if it's headed the way of DOA with all the DLC costumes.
"Chickens used to rule the earth eighty years ago when dinosaurs roamed Mexico" - Guacamelee 2.

User Info: GanglyKhan

GanglyKhan
2 months ago#7
I'm okay with more costumes so long as it turns profits for them. Wasting resources on making more costumes that nobody buys would be taken poorly by them and probably looked at as "our game isn't popular."

User Info: GanglyKhan

GanglyKhan
2 months ago#8
I'm okay with more costumes so long as it turns profits for them. Wasting resources on making more costumes that nobody buys would be taken poorly by them and probably looked at as "our game isn't popular."

User Info: jasomramirez666

jasomramirez666
2 months ago#9

mustain2121
2 months ago#10
jasomramirez666 posted...

That's exactly what I had in mind. Amazing!!
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. What's the most recent sales number?
  • Topic Archived