• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Have you taken a longer break from the game?

User Info: different_level

different_level
3 months ago#1
If it's because of life events it doesn't count. Basically was there a point where it felt like you've moved on from the game because you got into other games, you were so disappointed with some of the SFV features, you needed a break from the additional stress it provides or you simply got bored with it at the time?

By longer I mean at least a month away from the game.
Would you kindly?

User Info: indie_animator

indie_animator
2 months ago#2
Hey, no one responded. Almost missed this.
Longest I've been away is two weeks- when I can't get to my family's place for a weekend to play.
I can't get bored with this. There's constantly new content. And I have a few rivals who like to play online vs most weekends.

Only feel slight stress in ranked, but play it less than anything else. I should play it more to go higher....

Heck, I played Skullgirls for four years, and the last few characters came out quite a while ago.
I only dropped it when BBCTB came out so I could focus more on that game. :)
Game art: tangerinepop.com (Art & writing: wattpad.com/user/jettmanas) (CFN: indie_animator) jettmanas on YouTube (PSN: cpnsleepy)

User Info: DemonCurse69

DemonCurse69
2 months ago#3
Usually when I finally decide to tackle my back log or a new release I'm interested in comes out. Got the Bioshock collection on sale awhile back. Didn't get around to Arkham Knight until a few months ago. After that, I tackled REmakeHD and RE0HD. Every couple of days I throw in Doom. RE7 had me hooked for a good while after it came out.
Keep ducking coward

User Info: mustain2121

mustain2121
2 months ago#4
I did for about 4 months. I would occasionally just do the high FM weekly challenge in line a minute and turn it off. I wasn't happy with how I was performing. My friend convinced me to come back and train Guile which I started doing recently. I might quit again; I keep falling in the habit of playing this game like previous games and I suffer as a result.
PSN: mustain21
"Chickens used to rule the earth eighty years ago when dinosaurs roamed Mexico" - Guacamelee 2.

User Info: dakar

dakar
2 months ago#5
I have....
several times...
mostly cause I feel like playing other stuff
the hottest street fighter character ever made
https://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/chun-li-3.jpg

User Info: nhat

nhat
2 months ago#6
I'm not a pvp player, I mostly play mmos but I still love SF and FGs in general. I just take breaks because I just like pve games more overall but I always come back to SF5 at least a few times a week
PSO- 09

User Info: AfroPrime

AfroPrime
2 months ago#7
I've taken plenty of breaks from this game in order to play other games, but not because I am disappointed in SFV or anything like that. I love this game, but I also like to play other games too.
Waifu culture is cancer.

User Info: dafreestyleking

dafreestyleking
2 months ago#8
I recently started back playing, and before that I didn't play at all since march. I was burnt out playing, but I would still watch matches and tourney vids occasionally. Simply watching sfv and playing it yourself are 2 different beasts.The constant offensive nature of the game can wear you down sometimes. It could be an age thing too. In my younger days I would play sf(or any video game) on a daily basis. Now, if I play sfv, it's usually on the weekend, or I have a day off work.

I played last saturday, and even that was only 3 matches lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0j0lO7uQBo

User Info: The_Numerous

The_Numerous
2 months ago#9
Tekkens pulling me away lately, it's f***ing Lei way! Soul Calibur will do the same for a bit at least. Even when I was only playing SF tho, towards the end it was lobbies with friends, if V was even included, it quickly started turning to "so...4? 30th?"

I'll come back at some point, SF is bae
Break me.
https://www.bltc.com

User Info: EsperStarr

EsperStarr
2 months ago#10
Every single fighting game I do this with but always come back.

From this game?
The first year, I took about a month hiatus and then played for like 2 weeks for another month hiatus. It was after Season 1 was done and I was just exhausted and playing Bloodborne haha
Life imitates art
PSN: EsperKazumi CFN: Esperstarr
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Have you taken a longer break from the game?
  • Topic Archived