• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Got Fighting EX Layer over this

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
4 months ago#1
Terry Bogard guest and classic EX gameplay one me over. Plus the speed of it
(\__/)
(='.'=)

User Info: THE_PS1_PATRIOT

THE_PS1_PATRIOT
4 months ago#2
Bought both day 1.
Warning: I have a different views about stuff so try not to get worked up. OK?

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
4 months ago#3
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
Bought both day 1.

Same here.

There's a lot of stuff in FEXL that I greatly prefer over SF5. The overall feel of the neutral is better, the speed is good, and matches are more decided based on skill rather than the mechanics. The Gougi powerups don't feel like comeback mechanics.

At this point I only play SF5 for the Fight Money challenges or if friends are on and want to play. My interest in playing both Ranked and Casual has waned since beyond a certain point I have no choice but to use my main in order to win. I started a PC smurf to learn other characters but I haven't really had any interest in repeating the process. Playing SF5 feels like a job, and jobs are f***ing stressful as it is.
"If you want to die, come at me!" - Kazuma Kiryu
SF5: M. Bison, Urien | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi | BBTAG: Orie, Gordeau, Mitsuru, Merkava, Haukmen

Devilman_Amon
4 months ago#4
Vulcan422 posted...
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
Bought both day 1.

Same here.

There's a lot of stuff in FEXL that I greatly prefer over SF5. The overall feel of the neutral is better, the speed is good, and matches are more decided based on skill rather than the mechanics. The Gougi powerups don't feel like comeback mechanics.

At this point I only play SF5 for the Fight Money challenges or if friends are on and want to play. My interest in playing both Ranked and Casual has waned since beyond a certain point I have no choice but to use my main in order to win. I started a PC smurf to learn other characters but I haven't really had any interest in repeating the process. Playing SF5 feels like a job, and jobs are f***ing stressful as it is.

Yeah when it becomes like that im out. I play for fun.

Just did a few rounds of SF3 on Fightcade. Still fun as hell. Thats what its supposed to be about
(\__/)
(='.'=)

User Info: KiryuinsDoorMat

KiryuinsDoorMat
4 months ago#5
Well, that's cool. I hope you have fun with it.
I hold you accountable for any damage done to my floof!

Vulcan422
4 months ago#6
In all honesty I'd probably enjoy playing Ranked and Casual more if there were separate rankings for each character you played, like in SF4.

That and, of course, not making everybody feel like half a character due to small hitboxes/hurtboxes, limited movesets, reliance on the V-System, or a combination of those aspects.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi | BBTAG: Orie, Gordeau, Mitsuru, Merkava, Haukmen

User Info: Altair-

Altair-
4 months ago#7
Is FEXL actually any good? Kinda been tempted just because it’s all new characters to me and a new series.
~ nothing is true ~

Vulcan422
4 months ago#8
Altair- posted...
Is FEXL actually any good? Kinda been tempted just because it’s all new characters to me and a new series.

Yes. Think SF but with KOF running and chain combos.

Devilman_Amon
4 months ago#9
Vulcan422 posted...
In all honesty I'd probably enjoy playing Ranked and Casual more if there were separate rankings for each character you played, like in SF4.

..and VF and Tekken

SF4 wasnt the first to do that

but yeah I agree. They should patch that in. But it might be too late to do that
(\__/)
(='.'=)

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
4 months ago#10
Trey Bogard took me by surprise...
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Got Fighting EX Layer over this
  • Topic Archived