Is it possible to unlock everything for free by purchasing the base game only?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Is it possible to unlock everything for free by purchasing the base game only?

User Info: An_Actual_Chad

An_Actual_Chad
2 months ago#1
Not the Arcade edition. Just Street Fighter V. Even if it takes me a year idgaf. The less money I have to spend the better.
Being a Chad is a choice.

User Info: Shin_Akuma76

Shin_Akuma76
2 months ago#2
In theory yes. However, it's going to take a very long time to do so (most likely more than a year). You'd be better off buying a new copy of Arcade Edition and starting from there...
"I am power made flesh, I will show you how truly weak you are!"
Check out http://www.culturejunkies.net

User Info: KiryuinsDoorMat

KiryuinsDoorMat
2 months ago#3
No. Some things are premium-only.

And at this point, it'll probably take you more than a year, it's far to late for that, holmes.
I hold you accountable for any damage done to my floof!

User Info: An_Actual_Chad

An_Actual_Chad
2 months ago#4
Shin_Akuma76 posted...
In theory yes. However, it's going to take a very long time to do so (most likely more than a year). You'd be better off buying a new copy of Arcade Edition and starting from there...

Thanks. It’s on sale on Steam for about another hour. Still debating whether I want to support this crap that video game companies do to their consumers in modern times.
Being a Chad is a choice.

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
2 months ago#5
Possible but very improbable specially since season 3
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://imgur.com/5dkx5Ah

User Info: CLupula

CLupula
2 months ago#6
An_Actual_Chad posted...
Shin_Akuma76 posted...

Thanks. It’s on sale on Steam for about another hour. Still debating whether I want to support this crap that video game companies do to their consumers in modern times.

Yeah, it was much better when they'd dick us with full priced retail release updates every few years...

User Info: HotshotJoe

HotshotJoe
2 months ago#7
Not recommended unless you are a sf player and not new to the franchise and like one of the original 16 as your main.
Or if you have a specific dlc character you will only play because you can get the initial fight money for one character pretty easily off the base 16.
But if you want everything and not specific characters then this game will have released a ultimate edition or you can have unlocked with arcade edition that includes 16 plus six season 1 characters and 6 season 2 characters which would Provide enough free money err I mean fight money to unlock the 6 from season 3.

It really depends on how seriously you want to play.
If barely at all then base is fine but if you want to play it in reality arcade edition is quite the deal.
Just buy arcade edition and not hate yourself in a few months personally though.
It’s not worth the time it’s going to take you for that minuscule amount of money saved.
Your looking at about 1500 hours played just to catch up on what arcade edition offers you.
Maybe less but more then likely more then that with fm changes on arcade edition release.

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
2 months ago#8
No, you definitely cannot.

Even before AE, only 1% of players could afford every character using FM alone, and the FM has been can in half since then. And those that did literally had to get lucky in rolling the dice.

So even without costumes and stages, there is absolutely no chance of getting every character.

And all the DLC comes to nearly $700, by the way.

User Info: Sam-os_IMP

Sam-os_IMP
2 months ago#9
No, unless all you do is play SFV for the next 6 years or so.

User Info: guerrillakidney

guerrillakidney
2 months ago#10
I used fm to get all the season 1 & 2 characters, all colors for my mains and a few story mode skins i like. It took a very, very long time. With the changes to fm gains in AE, no way id be able to do it from scratch now. I bought the season 3 pass and should have enough for most of season 4 depending on how quickly they release.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Is it possible to unlock everything for free by purchasing the base game only?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived