So let me get this straight... my opponent smurfs, barely scrapes a out a win...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. So let me get this straight... my opponent smurfs, barely scrapes a out a win...

User Info: Alexichu

Alexichu
5 months ago#11
AngelSeven posted...
Alexichu posted...
It happens.... I came across a smurf Ryu. Won the set 2-1...next time I checked he was platinum a week later with 10 losses. I was 2 of them.

I played against a smurf Akuma. Only took one round off of him.. one round. Whenever I suspect a smurf, I check their CFN stats. No losses but was moving up quickly through the ranks. A tell tale sign.

I've come across as Akuma before, again beat him 2-1...he shot up the leader boards as well. I got lucky one the last match against him. Its still very rare to come across these players though.

It's just a shame I seem to play like an idiot against non smurf accounts.
PSN Sonic_1985, CFN: Sonic_Hedgehog
Cammy for life, DBFZ mains: Gohan (Adult) , 18, Goku Black

User Info: afireinside7844

afireinside7844
5 months ago#12
RNGNoizyChild posted...
If they're playing Ranked, they're not smurfing, because they're genuinely trying to rank up.

A smurf is someone pretending to be a lower rank to annoy people in Casual and Battle Lounge.

some people definitely do it in ranked, it's just harder and u have to intentionally lose or afk or whatever a lot so you stay low

but ranked is still way better if you're worried about smurfs. even if not, honestly. ppl take rank as 'serious' and important but if you just use it as a way for them to place you vs other players of a similar skill (which, it is), it's lots better to just play ranked if u want to stick w your own level of play

User Info: dafreestyleking

dafreestyleking
5 months ago#13
Hiding behind an alt is so cowardly, happened all the time with usf4 on ps3 too since it was free to make accounts.

If you're as good as your rank indicates, eventually you'll rank back up anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0j0lO7uQBo
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. So let me get this straight... my opponent smurfs, barely scrapes a out a win...
  • Topic Archived