Which is the better game - Street Fighter IV or Street Fighter V?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Which is the better game - Street Fighter IV or Street Fighter V?

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
2 months ago#31
DemonCurse69 posted...
Vulcan422 posted...
Wrong about them being mandatory for optimal damage in SF4, or about them not being as mandatory in SF3? Because most of what I remember about SF3 was cr.MK xx Super, or cr.LK x2 xx Super.

Wrong on both. Sure the absolute most damaging combos in 4 where 1 frame nut they would only net you maybe 20 points more damage and a lot of times didn't lead to oki which is far more important. In 3, if those are the only combos you know then you don't know 3S. Oh and to add to the SF3 column how it's different from 5, super jumps and super jump cancels.

I guess damage was so low and OSes were so strong in SF4 that you basically had no choice but to go for the oki options. And how important were 1-frame links in 3rd Strike if the game isn't solely about who gets the first parry, who whiffs their way to a stock first, and who gets the first confirm into super?
PSN/SF5 ID: Vulcan422
SF5: M. Bison, Urien | T7: Kazumi, Dragunov, Feng | BBTAG: Nu/Gordeau | DBFZ: Bardock/Goku Black/Cell | UNIST: Akatsuki, Merkava

User Info: DemonCurse69

DemonCurse69
2 months ago#32
Vulcan422 posted...
DemonCurse69 posted...
Vulcan422 posted...
Wrong about them being mandatory for optimal damage in SF4, or about them not being as mandatory in SF3? Because most of what I remember about SF3 was cr.MK xx Super, or cr.LK x2 xx Super.

Wrong on both. Sure the absolute most damaging combos in 4 where 1 frame nut they would only net you maybe 20 points more damage and a lot of times didn't lead to oki which is far more important. In 3, if those are the only combos you know then you don't know 3S. Oh and to add to the SF3 column how it's different from 5, super jumps and super jump cancels.

I guess damage was so low and OSes were so strong in SF4 that you basically had no choice but to go for the oki options. And how important were 1-frame links in 3rd Strike if the game isn't solely about who gets the first parry, who whiffs their way to a stock first, and who gets the first confirm into super?

As compared to 5 where damage is high and leads to oki? And option selects weren't nearly as strong as you make them sound, especially compared to ST. They were only discovered because of how strong the offense was and a lot of them were variations of teching. Crouch tech has basically been replaced by wake up crouch jab.

Oh and to add more to the 3S column compared to 5, it also had charge partitioning and karas.

Oh and how did you hit confirm into supers? Oh that's right, links. In fact that's what made Chun so dangerous, she can link super after almost every normal.

User Info: nantomaster

nantomaster
2 months ago#33
Vulcan422 posted...
DemonCurse69 posted...
Vulcan422 posted...

I guess damage was so low and OSes were so strong in SF4 that you basically had no choice but to go for the oki options.

To the both of you: Linking into sweep tended to be a 1-framer, which gave you oki. A good number of optimal combos that were 1-framers tended to give you oki in some form or another. Damage wasn't as low as people say in SFIV either, though the scaling was harsher.
PSN: Otogi-Matsuri. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/OtogiMatsuri
www.gab.com

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
2 months ago#34
SFIV for the less focus on nothing but E-sports, a better roster, and way more gameplay options.
Cancer free 43 months and counting!
EAGLES ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS

User Info: Sir_RaZZo

Sir_RaZZo
2 months ago#35
I think USF4 was more fun to watch, but SFV is the better game to actually play.
It will rain soon. Blood will fall like rain...-Karel
Member of The Phoenix Force

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
2 months ago#36
IV had mai wife, Poison.
http://i.imgur.com/kBtkhC3.gif

User Info: TheCyborgNinja

TheCyborgNinja
2 months ago#37
I liked SFIV much more.
"message parlor" ? do you mean the post office ? - SlayerX888

User Info: Bloodycard

Bloodycard
2 months ago#38
I prefer SFV over SFIV because of gameplay mechanic, never liked ultras, also, there were a lots of ugly dlc outfits and Seth was the most lame and unoriginal boss in Street Fighter history but, IV did have a better soundtrack than V, have characters that I liked and that for me was fun to play (Viper, Hugo, Poison and Hakan).
PSN Bloodycard / FGO 495,186,313 lv100 Edmond Dantes
FFRK tQ2a RW Orlandeau atk 641 Sword Saint USB

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
2 months ago#39
^ V-Trigger is basically the new version of Ultra...

Also, people overstate the importance of FADC. They were strictly limited - It's not like you could do them three times per round or anything, they were actually pretty rare in most matchups at most levels.

User Info: Nerp

Nerp
2 months ago#40
DarkDoc posted...
^ V-Trigger is basically the new version of Ultra...

Also, people overstate the importance of FADC. They were strictly limited - It's not like you could do them three times per round or anything, they were actually pretty rare in most matchups at most levels.

50% meter is a generous price for defying the laws of safe vs. unsafe.
Steam Name: Tulu Flulu, PSN: FreightTrainEX
SFV Main: F.A.N.G.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Which is the better game - Street Fighter IV or Street Fighter V?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived