What is the current tier list?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. What is the current tier list?

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
4 weeks ago#31
EuroE posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...
johnrayjr posted...
Seems like there is broad agreement among pros that Akuma and Cammy are the best, with Guile and Menat close behind.

Personally I suspect Ibuki is still in that group, and possibly Bison as well.

So what exactly happened to Nash and Chun Li after season 1?

They got nerfed. I know Nash was inadvertently nerfed because they reduced the input lag and his dash became possible to react to.

Chun li lost damage on all of her specials and a lot of normals, instant air legs was made unsafe, they slowed a lot of her buttons down and made her st lk way worse as an anti air while keeping a lot of other characters anti air lights in. Season 3 has been great for Chun though. Not as good as season 1, but much better than season 2.

Did Chun Li really need the nerf though? As I understand it, even if she was very powerful, this was balanced by the fact that she was (and still is) a difficult character to play, one with a steep learning curve.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age takes you back to the weeds.

User Info: johnrayjr

johnrayjr
4 weeks ago#32
The Top 3 characters at the end of Season 1 were Chun Li, Mika, and Cammy, and there were credible arguments to put them in any order. That said, there were 5 Chun Li mains at Capcom Cup that year, and so the 'learning curve' was less and less relevant. Some level of nerf was appropriate.

In season 2 they nerfed her into the ground. In 2.5 she was a little better and in both patches this year she is mid-tier.

Nash was 9th on most people's tier list by the end of Season 1, behind Mika, Chun, Cammy, Necalli, Ryu, Ken, Karin, and Guile. It was totally ridiculous when they nerfed him, but there were three Nashes in Evo Top 8, so maybe Capcom over-reacted.

In the current patch Nash is also mid-tier.

User Info: TheMKDestroyer

TheMKDestroyer
4 weeks ago#33
@Foxhound3857 posted...

Did Chun Li really need the nerf though? As I understand it, even if she was very powerful, this was balanced by the fact that she was (and still is) a difficult character to play, one with a steep learning curve.

Once someone has mastered a character, that character is no longer difficult for them to play. So then it's going to come down to which character is stronger. So Chun Li got the nerf.

User Info: soggytoast11

soggytoast11
4 weeks ago#34
johnrayjr posted...
Seems like there is broad agreement among pros that Akuma and Cammy are the best, with Guile and Menat close behind.

I definitely agree with this. A large part of the cast feels somewhat balanced this season, even previously busted ones like Mika and Necalli.

But those characters feel like outliers. I don't understand why M.Bison is slept on year after year. He's just completely ridiculous in so many ways.

Foxhound3857
4 weeks ago#35
soggytoast11 posted...
johnrayjr posted...

I definitely agree with this. A large part of the cast feels somewhat balanced this season, even previously busted ones like Mika and Necalli.

But those characters feel like outliers. I don't understand why M.Bison is slept on year after year. He's just completely ridiculous in so many ways.

So it's really just the new Season 3 characters that feel lacking?

User Info: Gilfar14

Gilfar14
4 weeks ago#36
Foxhound3857 posted...
soggytoast11 posted...
johnrayjr posted...

Nope there have been characters that have been seriously lacking since the very beginning, or as soon as they were released.

Vega, F.A.N.G, Alex, Juri, Ed to name just a few

Foxhound3857
4 weeks ago#37
Gilfar14 posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...
soggytoast11 posted...
johnrayjr posted...

Nope there have been characters that have been seriously lacking since the very beginning, or as soon as they were released.

So any hope of Sakura getting a buff with future patches or DLC?

It honestly feels like Sakura has been lacking in every SF game up to this point. Even in MvC2 she was pretty weak.

User Info: nantomaster

nantomaster
4 weeks ago#38
V-ism Sakura and A-ism Sakura in Alpha 3 and CVS2 respectively were powerful. In SFIV and upwards, though it took a while to fully figure her out+a few buffs, she was quite solid. I think she's decent enough in this game too but she probably will get some more buffs.
PSN: Otogi-Matsuri. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/OtogiMatsuri
www.gab.com

User Info: DemonCurse69

DemonCurse69
4 weeks ago#39
Foxhound3857 posted...
Gilfar14 posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...
soggytoast11 posted...
johnrayjr posted...

So any hope of Sakura getting a buff with future patches or DLC?

It honestly feels like Sakura has been lacking in every SF game up to this point. Even in MvC2 she was pretty weak.

Her tatsu loops and oki game were damn good in 4.

User Info: nantomaster

nantomaster
4 weeks ago#40
Cr.mk>MP DP FADC into Tatsu loop was bonkers. Suboptimal ones were at least well over 300 damage and healthy stun. Optimal ones were going well past 420s with only two bars.
PSN: Otogi-Matsuri. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/OtogiMatsuri
www.gab.com
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. What is the current tier list?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived