Why did Teamsp00ky block the twitch chat?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Why did Teamsp00ky block the twitch chat?

User Info: KillerKhan420

KillerKhan420
6 months ago#11
Sf5 brought out the worst in streamers/gamers in total, look at this board and need I write more.
"I know how the business works because I'm a wrestling fan"-hulkhogan1

User Info: GoodOlJr

GoodOlJr
6 months ago#12
Doesn't matter to me

The odds of getting a reply on a busy stream are low
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3475/3291766630_b434e97925.jpg
3DS: 1005-8921-6109

User Info: LitchiFayeLing

LitchiFayeLing
6 months ago#13
KillerKhan420 posted...
Sf5 brought out the worst in streamers/gamers in total, look at this board and need I write more.

I wish you wouldn't
Sf: Laura/mika/cammy BB: Makoto/Izayoi DOA: Tina

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
6 months ago#14
Sp00ky apparently "has a plan" with this, but he's being very vague about it due to it being a top-secret black ops eSports mission.

Anyway, to explain the whole story we must go back a few years ago.

Sp00ky got a job at XSplit and had to move to the Philippines. Everyone was sad that he was going away but fortunately Arturo Sanchez/Sabin still managed to keep the ball rolling over at NLBC along with the likes of IFC Yipes, Lee Chung, and Chris Matrix to name a few.

I'm not sure of the details, but recently something happened over in the Philippines regarding the nation's political structure that rendered things very unsafe over there, so Sp00ky came back to America. A little while after he came back, one day during a major tournament that was being streamed on the channel the stream monsters were getting REALLY bad. They were doing s*** like repeatedly asking for the tournament schedules without using the bot command to bring up the link just to be annoying, and spamming dumb s*** like "(X GAME) SUCKS". Sp00ky had enough, said "f*** it", and now the chat is sub-only forever.

This is still nothing new though, as Sp00ky's chat used to be sub-only for a long time, especially during major events. There's a reason "poverty chat" was a long-running meme for Sp00ky fans. Around the time Arturo briefly took over, poverty chat was eliminated from the equation by making things free for all watchers. If you subbed you just got emotes and a loyalty badge. With the recent display of how degenerate his fanbase and chat became, Sp00ky had all the necessary fuel he needed to re-assert the original status quo. It's sad, but it's even sadder to see that very few people are even willing to talk in the chat after subscribing. And most of the time they're not even talking about what's on screen.
PSN/SF5 ID: Vulcan422
SF5: M. Bison, Guile, Urien | T7: Dragunov, Geese, Feng | DBFZ: Bardock/Goku Black/Cell | GGXrd: Raven | BBTAG: Azrael/Gordeau

User Info: Regal_Bryant12

Regal_Bryant12
6 months ago#15
**** stream monsters
Yeah man I conquered this sucka! -Mac
Attitude check...Yeah, I'm really high! -Zoe

User Info: dafreestyleking

dafreestyleking
6 months ago#16
I always disable the chat on whichever fighting game I watch...shrugs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0j0lO7uQBo

User Info: EmrelGuy

EmrelGuy
6 months ago#17
LitchiFayeLing posted...
Oh no, you won't be able to spam kappa, the same copypasta and that stupid matio ASCII how horrid

Real talk though, spooky has put in work for free for years and now that he wants to get a little paper for his effort he's suddenly bad? Aight

The tweet comes off as kind of as Matt from 2BF would say

“F*** you, pay me.”

User Info: StrangerDanger2

StrangerDanger2
6 months ago#18
Unless it’s like a late night chill stream who actually participates in these chats anyway? Lol.

Just watch the content and shut the f*** up.

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
6 months ago#19
ThePhantomMedic posted...
Loki90 posted...
MLaw3k posted...
Yeah well , support your streamers and they wouldn't have to take such drastic measures. s*** ain't cheap.

Are you a streamer?

Because I feel like is the other way around. The streamers should support their viewers so that can always come back and watch your video.

Views on the video earns the streamers money.

If the streamers start losing viewers, they'll lose money. So how about don't F with their loyal viewers?

Customer entitlement is always hilarious

Don't listen to a word Loki90 says. That's the alt account of FireMadePrime, a known troll around the Street Fighter boards. He's recently taken to posting fake leaks on Twitter and talking to himself via sockpuppet accounts.

Also, as you accurately surmised, he doesn't know s*** about how streaming works. Videos don't earn streamers anything. The content is completely free. Monetization only works with YouTube, not Twitch. The only thing that Twitch streamers can rely on are bits, donations, and subscriptions.
PSN/SF5 ID: Vulcan422
SF5: M. Bison, Guile, Urien | T7: Dragunov, Geese, Feng | DBFZ: Bardock/Goku Black/Cell | GGXrd: Raven | BBTAG: Azrael/Gordeau

User Info: The_High

The_High
6 months ago#20
Loki90 posted...
MLaw3k posted...
Yeah well , support your streamers and they wouldn't have to take such drastic measures. s*** ain't cheap.

Are you a streamer?

Because I feel like is the other way around. The streamers should support their viewers so that can always come back and watch your video.

Views on the video earns the streamers money.

If the streamers start losing viewers, they'll lose money. So how about don't F with their loyal viewers?

Streaming tournaments costs a f*** ton more than sitting in your room and streaming whatever you want. Spooky spent years not even breaking even on his work. If he wants to set it to sub only and make more money, it's his decision. Isn't like he blocked people from watching.
"There is a wet parking ticket flapping under the windshield wiper in front of me, and it bores me."
Hunter S. Thompson
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Why did Teamsp00ky block the twitch chat?
  • Topic Archived