"Fight money will be easier to get" was such a giant lie

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. "Fight money will be easier to get" was such a giant lie

User Info: dakar

dakar
4 months ago#41
Shin_Akuma76 posted...
StrangerDanger2 posted...
Shin_Akuma76 posted...
DarkDoc posted...

"Modes such as Survival and Trials. Unfortunately, this lead to some new players having difficulty getting the FM offered by certain modes".

this blatant misleading lie?

Where's the lie? I seem to remember seeing a lot of people complaining about how they couldn't complete survival mode, thus not being able to get the FM from completing said mode. You've clearly called finishing survival mode a "fluke" multiple times. Doesn't sound like a lie to me...

You’re talking to someone who constantly lies to form their narrative. Like, CONSTANTLY...

I know, I don't expect a valid answer, but it's fun to watch the process...

i think the lie is simply that capcom said fight money would be easier to get with the new system.... that was a lie and yet people still defend the new system
the hottest street fighter character ever made
https://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/chun-li-3.jpg

User Info: StrangerDanger2

StrangerDanger2
4 months ago#42
dakar posted...
Shin_Akuma76 posted...
Shin_Akuma76 posted...
DarkDoc posted...

"Modes such as Survival and Trials. Unfortunately, this lead to some new players having difficulty getting the FM offered by certain modes".

this blatant misleading lie?

Where's the lie? I seem to remember seeing a lot of people complaining about how they couldn't complete survival mode, thus not being able to get the FM from completing said mode. You've clearly called finishing survival mode a "fluke" multiple times. Doesn't sound like a lie to me...

You’re talking to someone who constantly lies to form their narrative. Like, CONSTANTLY...

I know, I don't expect a valid answer, but it's fun to watch the process...

i think the lie is simply that capcom said fight money would be easier to get with the new system.... that was a lie and yet people still defend the new system

Here you go again butting into a conversation that has nothing to do with you. Begome troll.

User Info: xAlphazonex

xAlphazonex
4 months ago#43
DarkDoc posted...
Genzanin posted...
Don t get tricked in stages n costumes

Yeah, this. Everything apart from characters is a distraction, designed to tempt you into wasting your limited FM.

SonicNextGen2 posted...
I thought the whole “take FM away from everything but character levels” was because it was to make getting FM easier

I'd forgotten the exact wording, so I just went back and looked it up.

"Until now, you could earn FM through clearing the various game modes such as Survival and Trials. Unfortunately, this lead to some new players having difficulty getting the FM offered by certain modes".

So, the new FM system is what it is. We can criticise that, but it's really a different topic. The question is, how come some people are so blind that they defend Capcom over this blatant misleading lie? When did dishonesty become so easily accepted?

Was that really their wording? So their solution was to make it even more difficult to get FM? Woooooow.

User Info: Hardgainer08

Hardgainer08
4 months ago#44
I was actually going to use the FM now on stages which never go on sale.

Then wait for a season 3 char pass sale...which should happen hopefully for holidays.
WII U:H.G-0814 PSN: HG-10 3DS:4699 9242 3676
Gamefaqs Official Mario and Dr. Mario CH (Wii U)

User Info: dafreestyleking

dafreestyleking
4 months ago#45
$3.99 for a mere stage, or 70000 fm, so capcom is going to get you regardless of which method you choose, whether it's by your wallet or if it's 'free'. Then for the characters, it's 100000 fm each x 6...which of course is designed to make consumes buy the season pass instead, thinking they are 'saving' fm for other 'free' items. Even colors are tied behind a paywall, as most of us can't cheese the ai enough times to beat hard survival mode. It's a horrible, anti consumer practice.

Of course fm is a stealth ploy to make consumers think they are earning free content when they aren't really. FM payouts are not only low, but you have to risk fm just for the chance to earn slightly more fm against the rigged ai, it's a mess really. Shame that such a good game has this bulls*** on top of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0j0lO7uQBo

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
4 months ago#46
^ yeah, you're right. It's a plot so that (1) people feel good about unlocking some stuff, and (2) the marketing can say "Everything is free!!" when in practice it isn't.

Shin_Akuma76 posted...
Doesn't sound like a lie to me...

Previously, everybody could finish story and easy survival, and most people could finish medium survival. And if you didn't, your FM stayed neutral.

With these new Extra Battles, there are quite a lot of people that don't stand a chance. And if yo fail, your FM goes negative.

Hence "lie".

StrangerDanger2
4 months ago#47
DarkDoc posted...
^ yeah, you're right. It's a plot so that (1) people feel good about unlocking some stuff, and (2) the marketing can say "Everything is free!!" when in practice it isn't.

Shin_Akuma76 posted...

Previously, everybody could finish story and easy survival, and most people could finish medium survival. And if you didn't, your FM stayed neutral.

With these new Extra Battles, there are quite a lot of people that don't stand a chance. And if yo fail, your FM goes negative.

Hence "lie".

Youre the same person who said he was looking directly at his box and it said it didn't say free until someone actually posted a screenshot of the box proving you wrong. To which you tried to jump through your normal linguistic hoops to say they were wrong anyway.

You're the least credible person here to be talking about someone is lying lol.

And again, it didn't say everything. It specifically referenced characters, which is still true. No matter how bad you don't want it to be.

User Info: Zamorian79

Zamorian79
4 months ago#48
FM was a promise that if you invest enough time in the game you shouldn't have to spend a dime to get the full roster,only cosmetics were out of the equation. Most people knew from the beginning that it was a lie and now we know everything is behind a pay wall, characters, costumes, stages, etc.

StrangerDanger2
4 months ago#49
Zamorian79 posted...
FM was a promise that if you invest enough time in the game you shouldn't have to spend a dime to get the full roster,only cosmetics were out of the equation. Most people knew from the beginning that it was a lie and now we know everything is behind a pay wall, characters, costumes, stages, etc.

How was it a lie when the first part of your statement is still true?

User Info: Shin_Akuma76

Shin_Akuma76
4 months ago#50
DarkDoc posted...

Shin_Akuma76 posted...

Hence "lie".

Youre the same person who said he was looking directly at his box and it said it didn't say free until someone actually posted a screenshot of the box proving you wrong. To which you tried to jump through your normal linguistic hoops to say they were wrong anyway.

You're the least credible person here to be talking about someone is lying lol.

And again, it didn't say everything. It specifically referenced characters, which is still true. No matter how bad you don't want it to be.

Lol, oh you mean this box?

https://i.imgtc.com/jqR1wvQ.jpg
"I am power made flesh, I will show you how truly weak you are!"
Check out http://www.culturejunkies.net
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. "Fight money will be easier to get" was such a giant lie

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived