• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. SoulCalibur has Geralt...

User Info: CraiCrushna

CraiCrushna
1 year ago#11
Im preordering SC6 now, dgaf what happens. SFV doesn't need a guest.

User Info: masterman97

masterman97
1 year ago#12
Geralt is actually a perfect fit and sets an example of how guest characters SHOULD be done. A great choice and sure as hell beats whatever god-awful obscure character people want in that makes no goddamn sense.

Also, SF has guest characters. Cody, Guy, Poison, etc. were all technically guest characters during their debuts and now there's Abigail. They did not originate in SF therefore they are guests no matter what denial has to say about it. This discussion is a broken f***ing record.

You'll get your thots, be patient.
I finally found my keys! I looked all over my house but they were actually right here on the counter! Silly me!

User Info: LouieKablouie

LouieKablouie
1 year ago#13
My biggest issue with guest is that they're a gimmick for one game. It'd suck if I actually liked playing them and they'd never show up again. So pretty much a lot of sfxt characters.
Sand crabbing in yo place

User Info: AngelSeven

AngelSeven
1 year ago#14
Guest characters are like DLC at this point. I don't like it either but it's the culture now.
Ayy, I took the top off of my Maybach b****.

User Info: dakar

dakar
1 year ago#15
masterman97 posted...
Geralt is actually a perfect fit and sets an example of how guest characters SHOULD be done. A great choice and sure as hell beats whatever god-awful obscure character people want in that makes no goddamn sense.

Also, SF has guest characters. Cody, Guy, Poison, etc. were all technically guest characters during their debuts and now there's Abigail. They did not originate in SF therefore they are guests no matter what denial has to say about it. This discussion is a broken f***ing record.

have you ever heard of the game....THE KING OF FIGHTERS.... play that game and you'll know why Abigail,Cody, Guy e.t.c aren't considered guest characters
the hottest street fighter character ever made
https://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/chun-li-3.jpg

User Info: StrangerDanger2

StrangerDanger2
1 year ago#16
masterman97 posted...

How are they “guests” in the traditional since when Capcom themselves confirmed that Final Fight and Street Fighter take place in the same universe?

Or is a guest for you as simple as characters coming from two different franchises and that’s it?

User Info: RAS1003

RAS1003
1 year ago#17
AngelSeven posted...
Guest characters are like DLC at this point. I don't like it either but it's the culture now.

But at least with DLC it’s a choice. >_<

User Info: manta53

manta53
1 year ago#18
Malevolent_Moon posted...
Guest characters are a gimmick that has quickly worn out its welcome. I'm glad SF doesn't have guests to take up spots and resources that could go to actual SF characters people want.

*Cough T7 cough*

Yet still manages to be the top selling dlc in fighting games.

User Info: StrangerDanger2

StrangerDanger2
1 year ago#19
manta53 posted...
Malevolent_Moon posted...
Guest characters are a gimmick that has quickly worn out its welcome. I'm glad SF doesn't have guests to take up spots and resources that could go to actual SF characters people want.

*Cough T7 cough*

Yet still manages to be the top selling dlc in fighting games.

Geese was a good choice, Noctis is just....dumb, especially considering that SC6 was announced just shortly after he was, a game that would've made more sense for him to be in.

User Info: masterman97

masterman97
1 year ago#20
dakar posted...
masterman97 posted...

have you ever heard of the game....THE KING OF FIGHTERS.... play that game and you'll know why Abigail,Cody, Guy e.t.c aren't considered guest characters

Isn't it illegal to dig up graves?

But anyway, MvC is the ultimate crossover series and Haggar did not get brought in MvC3 as a SF rep alongside Ryu, Chun, Akuma, and Viper; he was brought in as a FF rep. A different series from Capcom's pool of intellectual properties. Abigail in SFV is a FF rep. PLUS, Abi is a newcomer that probably won't even show up in future installments just like a guest character. Reminds me a lot of Poison. My point is, Street Fighter is not exempt from guest characters no matter how strong or weak the evidence is.

The reason why they aren't considered guest characters is because people choose to not label them as such to fit their own "Street Fighter is a strong woman and don't need no guest character" narrative.

"4) The guest characters must be "one-shot deals", as in they must not come back every time sequels are released, because the surprise wears off quickly. Example: I can't include Guy, Rolento, Katana, Cody and Hugo from Final Fight in Street Fighter, because they appeared in subsequent games after. Same goes with Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden in Dead or Alive, as he's now a regular character."

If Abigail comes back for SFVI, I will concede that he's not a guest. Until then, he's a guest.
I finally found my keys! I looked all over my house but they were actually right here on the counter! Silly me!
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. SoulCalibur has Geralt...
  • Topic Archived