You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Fight Money Guide: Arcade Edition for Beginner's and Reference

User Info: EsperStarr

EsperStarr
8 months ago#61
@usagicassidy

I think your despair comes from a combination of a few things : your desire to play to unlock instead of play for fun and Capcoms dumb idea to lock certain things behind Fight Money and to LIMIT fight money in AE.

1. I made this topic for people who enjoy playing for the sake of playing and who are in it for the long haul and who want the most out of their 60 (or however much you paid) dollar product. People who want to explore every character and learn while also aiding people who may think it's hard to get fight money.

If you don't want to do the above, it will feel like a grind to you because you are too focused on unlocking things instead of playing the game. Alot of the content is free and free to unlock (including characters) so it's pretty great for those who enjoy playing ALOT. Once you have a goal in mind and you enjoy playing for playing purposes, the money will come to you "easily"

Most things can be found under "Challenges" so you can start there <3. Explore and take your time. Obviously sometimes you will get anxious and impatient but this stuff wasn't meant to be unlocked in days. It rewards for playing over time. I set it up so beginners can pick up a new character and go on a "journey " with that character to know them so it doesn't get monotonous and if you get anxious theres always a new character to play (even if you think you won't like them).

HINT: Don't get too distracted with the Extra Battle stuff... It's cute stuff used to get you off your goals. If you have goals, let those unique costumes go...lol only do them if you REALLY want them... Weekly missions are there for that. Everytime you unlock a new character, you can do content with them and get FM

2. Capcom has halved the weekly missions,making it harder to get Fight Money but they give us Golden soldiers who give exp (that allow characters to lvl up for Fight money) or extra FM. They also took away the raw Fight money given for content. It used to be that if you beat something like Birdies Story Prologues, you'd lvl up and get Fight Money per lvl up and Then you'd get a certain amount of fight money for completing it and that would be everytime you beat something with a different character. Example : Karin gets 3000 FM for completing her Story Prologue that one time plus 5 lvl ups for 5000 FM. Doing the same thing with Ryu would give you the same thing...and so on. You didn't get the fight money if you played over and over with the same character...just one per character which was really great. Now it's just exp for lvl ups which is lame.

Capcom should make extra battle fights free (most of them) and give us Story outfits. They give some things for absolute free but yeah i agree at least story s*** should be free and the price for stages and basic outfits should be lower... Then again, it's free anddddd manageable if you just play and put some fun time in. Lame but manageable.

If you are looking to unlock everything, it'll take you a very long time but that's also because there is CONSTANT stuff being added... It's almost endless.... So it gives you the opportunity to pick and choose stuff. I'd say don't buy things you know you won't use. Like I don't buy anything for characters I don't play with right now...I'll buy it when I choose to play them more... Play them temporarily for the Fight Money but if they aren't my mains, then I don't usually buy outfits for them.
Life imitates art
PSN: EsperKazumi CFN: Esperstarr
(edited 8 months ago)

User Info: usagicassidy

usagicassidy
8 months ago#62
I appreciate your post so much. And yep, despair was the perfect word, because that’s how I felt.

I love SF, it has been my fighting franchise since I was a kid (tho I prefer DoA’s model lately and have been playing the heck out of dead or alive 5 the past few years). I love these characters, though I must admit I feel like a novice in this game. They kind of just throw you in. I’ll work on it and get better.

I do think that Story outfits should just become available to you, and paying for the same stage but during nighttime? They’re really milking it. All of the rest of the content to “pay for” seems “fair” to me.

I do have a question tho - since most people are in it for the characters, since they’re the “meat” of the game. Purchasing a character with Fight Money only gives you their one costume and 2 colors - requiring you to spend ADDITIONAL fight money on top of that if you want that (non-required) content. But purchasing it with money gives you all that. If you like a character a lot, if you want their other outfit/colors, is it smarter to use money, since there are other outfits and stages and things to buy, but FM is so scarce? Or is that probably a not-so-smart method.

User Info: badjab326

badjab326
8 months ago#63
usagicassidy posted...

I do have a question tho - since most people are in it for the characters, since they’re the “meat” of the game. Purchasing a character with Fight Money only gives you their one costume and 2 colors - requiring you to spend ADDITIONAL fight money on top of that if you want that (non-required) content. But purchasing it with money gives you all that. If you like a character a lot, if you want their other outfit/colors, is it smarter to use money, since there are other outfits and stages and things to buy, but FM is so scarce? Or is that probably a not-so-smart method.

It can go either way. As a vanilla SFV owner I made enough FM to get all of season 1 and a few story costumes, as well as half of Season 2 (didn't want Ed, Menat or Kolin). I also saved up about 500k FM for season 3 but when they revealed all of Season 3 I decided to buy the pass because I knew I would want at least 4/6 characters, as well as the new classic stages. Buying the pass essentially gets you an extra 20k FM per character as well.

But if you'd rather not spend the cash it's worth it to spend only 100k FM then grind out survival to get the colors. With the update Hard survival is doable, just stock up like crazy on consumables by beating easy survival a few times.

Then you can either wait for an extra battle costume for your character or spend 40k FM on a story costume/buy it for only 1.99 and grind survival again for colors and consumables. You could also buy a premium costume bundle as they go on sale pretty often. Just recently they had bundles of like 3-6 costumes and a stage for only $5.
TTT2-Bruce & Bryan; UMvC3-Frank/Deadpool/Nems; MK9-Reptile; Injustice-Joker

EsperStarr
8 months ago#64
badjab326 posted...
usagicassidy posted...

It can go either way. As a vanilla SFV owner I made enough FM to get all of season 1 and a few story costumes, as well as half of Season 2 (didn't want Ed, Menat or Kolin). I also saved up about 500k FM for season 3 but when they revealed all of Season 3 I decided to buy the pass because I knew I would want at least 4/6 characters, as well as the new classic stages. Buying the pass essentially gets you an extra 20k FM per character as well.

But if you'd rather not spend the cash it's worth it to spend only 100k FM then grind out survival to get the colors. With the update Hard survival is doable, just stock up like crazy on consumables by beating easy survival a few times.

Then you can either wait for an extra battle costume for your character or spend 40k FM on a story costume/buy it for only 1.99 and grind survival again for colors and consumables. You could also buy a premium costume bundle as they go on sale pretty often. Just recently they had bundles of like 3-6 costumes and a stage for only $5.

@usagicassidy
@badjab326

Get in the habit of @-ing ppl because it doesn't notify Unless they are tracking the topic
Life imitates art

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
7 months ago#65
EsperStarr posted...
Get in the habit of @-ing ppl because it doesn't notify Unless they are tracking the topic

What about people who tag to track the topic in their amp?
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

EsperStarr
7 months ago#66
gwwak posted...
EsperStarr posted...

What about people who tag to track the topic in their amp?

@gwwak

Yeah but how would you know if a person tagged a topic? I only suggest @ ing to GUARANTEE ppl
get the message. That's all.

Edit: wait what?
Life imitates art
(edited 7 months ago)

gwwak
7 months ago#67
Hi!

EsperStarr
7 months ago#68
gwwak posted...
Hi!

Lmao
@gwwak
Im so confused
Life imitates art

gwwak
7 months ago#69
I like confusing people.

User Info: CORRECTO

CORRECTO
3 months ago#70
I got the used copy back in june 2017 and I swear that the system said I couldn’t get fight money if I didn’t have PS+. I played the game a few times and didn’t know how to get fight money. Now, I purchased the game again about 3 weeks ago (arcade edition from newegg). It came with codes which I entered and got all season 1 and 2 content. Now, I did noticed that I didn’t need PS+ to get fight money and started reading your guide which now made a lot of sense. I guess I missed the opportunity. Thanks for updating the guide. Now, I have 2 discs and still need to unlock new characters
(edited 3 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Fight Money Guide: Arcade Edition for Beginner's and Reference