CLARIFICATION: SFV Arcade Edition. Past Owners and New Owners Guide

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. CLARIFICATION: SFV Arcade Edition. Past Owners and New Owners Guide

User Info: Hinakuluiau

Hinakuluiau
9 months ago#71
gwwak posted...
Tag
There are some things where I just bypass critical thinking. - ROD

User Info: OMGAlien

OMGAlien
9 months ago#72
Regarding the physical version of SFV AE, is most of the content included on disc or does the package include the vanilla version disc (therefore requiring a massive update to be downloaded)? The following article suggests that the physical version of SFV AE may ship with the vanilla disc in addition to the DLC voucher:
http://shoryuken.com/2017/10/07/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-discs-will-include-codes-to-download-the-character-dlc/

Here is the situation when taking into account only two of SFV's prior updates:

"Released earlier today at 12am PT/3am ET, Street Fighter V update 1.04 on PlayStation 4 and PC is an 8.38GB download. When adding in the 8.13GB for the Cinematic Story Expansion, you’re looking at a 16.5GB download for everything".
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/07/01/street-fighter-5-update-1-04-today-is-8-4gb/

It is likely that people jumping into SFV for the first time with a physical copy of SFV AE will be required to download 20+ gb worth of content if Capcom is including the vanilla version disc in the SFV AE package.
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
9 months ago#73
Hinakuluiau posted...
gwwak posted...
Tag

I noticed that you have been quoting me on several different boards.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: DJPLACE

DJPLACE
9 months ago#74
so any chance of getting that limted capcom pro tour stage from 2016 in AE of this or not?
bored with everything...

User Info: Jiryn

Jiryn
9 months ago#75
I came here to read this, it still seems to be causing quite a bit of confusion.

User Info: MellowLyricist

MellowLyricist
9 months ago#76
DJPLACE posted...
so any chance of getting that limted capcom pro tour stage from 2016 in AE of this or not?

Probably not gonna happen since they gave us a second chance to buy the CPT 2016 Bundle at $10 this year (it ended about a month ago).

They may bring it back around the same time next year.
Children, send me back home
For this is the reason you were born
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: Paulf001

Paulf001
9 months ago#77
Question the outfits are mega expensive at $4 a pop the thing is would it be better to wait and buy AE or just use my plain SFV I already own. I have no season 2 characters but they are on sale for $15 now.

User Info: Soljah

Soljah
9 months ago#78
Taizuku posted...
Well wouldn't buying AE be more worth it than buying the season's passes if you already own the game? If you want the characters without grinding for FM that is.

this. I am buying it because I cannot spend countless hours grinding for characters. Maybe I want to try menat one day
Your Friendly Monster Hunter Soljah

User Info: Havok83

Havok83
9 months ago#79
So I bought the 2017 Digital Deluxe version for $26 over the weekend after a 20% coupon. Thats the best deal on the game? Only thing I miss from the AE is the free preorder costumes? Someone mentioned to me that they are removing tons of options to earn FM with the AE update so I can try to earn as much as possible for credit towards free characters in season 3
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: EsperStarr

EsperStarr
9 months ago#80
Havok83 posted...
So I bought the 2017 Digital Deluxe version for $26 over the weekend after a 20% coupon. Thats the best deal on the game? Only thing I miss from the AE is the free preorder costumes? Someone mentioned to me that they are removing tons of options to earn FM with the AE update so I can try to earn as much as possible for credit towards free characters in season 3

You got it hun.
@Havok83
Life imitates art
PSN: EsperKazumi CFN: Esperstarr
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. CLARIFICATION: SFV Arcade Edition. Past Owners and New Owners Guide

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.