CLARIFICATION: SFV Arcade Edition. Past Owners and New Owners Guide

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. CLARIFICATION: SFV Arcade Edition. Past Owners and New Owners Guide

User Info: MellowLyricist

MellowLyricist
11 months ago#51
The passes include the costumes, the characters could just be the characters.
Children, send me back home
For this is the reason you were born

User Info: GunkoGunko

GunkoGunko
11 months ago#52
@MellowLyricist posted...
The passes include the costumes.

Ah, I forgot about the costumes. My bad.
CFN: Gunkooo

User Info: sumyungai73

sumyungai73
11 months ago#53
XiahouSong posted...
sumyungai73 posted...
you cOnyxTitan posted...
How you gonna make a new account?

It's tied to your PSN.

Even if you could...

You just suggested paying $40 to give you the ability to get a future $25 season pass free... and would lose all previous stages and costumes etc.

Stupidest. Post. Ever.

people make new accounts all the time. your dlc is tied to your psn, but if you didnt buy any dlc, then it's a non issue (unless you're in love with your fighter id)

In canada (where i come from) the arcade edition will cost like $60 or something, and the season passes cost $40 each.

If i can get the next two season passes for free, then it is something to consider.

So at most, you personally would save $20?

Yes, and I would get the 12 battle costumes for the S1 and S2 characters, that i wouldn't otherwise have.

And if you are someone who has squandered thier FM on things like colors, or stages, then you may not even have all the S1 and S2 characters, resulting in you having to spend even more to keep up with what's included in the AE.

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
11 months ago#54
sumyungai73 posted...
If you spent your fight money unlocking the season 1 and season 2 characters, then it will probably be difficult to save up enough fight money for the season 3 characters, since you have likely exhausted most of your one-time fight money sources.

If you buy arcade edition and start over with a new account, then you end up with all the season one and two characters, and enough one-time fight money sources to EASILY get the next 6-10 characters

I guess people who don't own the game already, or who have made no progress with it, can treat AE as a catchup edition which brings them up to the end of season 2.

I'm guessing that the position you will then be in is that you will struggle to get enough FM to have all the characters that are coming in seasons 3-4. Most likely at that point there will be another edition of the game, that catches you up to the end of season 4, and at that point you will struggle to unlock all of season 5, etc.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/895976-street-fighter-v/75551751

Half the people are not fully up to date with their roster, I guess mostly because they didn't bother to get all the FM. I wonder what this chart will look like a year from now.

User Info: EsperStarr

EsperStarr
11 months ago#55
DarkDoc posted...
sumyungai73 posted...
If you spent your fight money unlocking the season 1 and season 2 characters, then it will probably be difficult to save up enough fight money for the season 3 characters, since you have likely exhausted most of your one-time fight money sources.

If you buy arcade edition and start over with a new account, then you end up with all the season one and two characters, and enough one-time fight money sources to EASILY get the next 6-10 characters

I guess people who don't own the game already, or who have made no progress with it, can treat AE as a catchup edition which brings them up to the end of season 2.

I'm guessing that the position you will then be in is that you will struggle to get enough FM to have all the characters that are coming in seasons 3-4. Most likely at that point there will be another edition of the game, that catches you up to the end of season 4, and at that point you will struggle to unlock all of season 5, etc.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/895976-street-fighter-v/75551751

Half the people are not fully up to date with their roster, I guess mostly because they didn't bother to get all the FM. I wonder what this chart will look like a year from now.

Struggle. ...
Stop.
People are not as bad as you think they are. And free fight money each year
Life imitates art
PSN: EsperKazumi CFN: Esperstarr

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
11 months ago#56
Well, we've seen from the data, 50.4% of the people on this board have every character, most likely it's a much smaller % in the wider world.

Consider that 77% of people have never been online, and 99% of people have never finished hard survival. That basically just leaves you with weekly missions (worth 3 characters per year), and all the one-time story stuff (worth maybe 4 characters).

Also, looking at their voucher code implementation, there is one more thing to point out:

shoryuken.com posted...
it is something to watch out for if you’re a gamer that likes to pick up used games, as a resold copy of SFVAE would be no different than the basic original release of Street Fighter V, leaving a newcomer with a lot of DLC to catch up on.

So basically, if you buy a second hand copy of AE, you will NOT get AE, you will only get the vanilla roster.

User Info: GunkoGunko

GunkoGunko
11 months ago#57
Finally!
CFN: Gunkooo

User Info: razorkaos

razorkaos
11 months ago#58
In my case, I'll just wait for the inevitable "complete" edition with all the content at the end of the game's lifecycle to buy it physically.

I already have a digital copy of the game since the beta, but I dropped the game just before Abigail (although I have both him and Menat, cause I got back just to buy them with FM, I don't play SFV anymore), and since I'm one of the guys who really wants everything I'm physical media, I'll wait.

I did the same with SF4, but I didn't buy the game (digitally) until Arcade Edition on sale. About a year after Ultra released, I decided to pick it up at a discounted price.
[ACNL] Mayor Rami of Kupoland - FC: 0533-5011-2304.

User Info: Kylo_Ren_

Kylo_Ren_
11 months ago#59
EsperStarr posted...
Kylo_Ren_ posted...
- 1 Premium Costume for Season 1 and 2 characters

If all the premium, story and holiday costumes were part of AE then it'll be worth the $40. So I guess i'll stick with the current disk and grind the hell out of Arcade Mode to earn more FM. I'm still missing a couple of S2 characters.

S1 pass and S2 pass starting in 2018 is likely to be $40 in total anyway. So its like getting a free game.

This...
THere's no point for a person like me who has had the game since launch and have all characters, some stages, costumes and buy the premium outfits that I want.

If it gave ALLLL the premium outfits, then we have a problem.
Players still have to play the game ("grind"... smh) for Season 3 characters.

Now i'm a little bit confused. Does that mean 1 premium costume (2 in total) for a season 1 and season 2 character?

Whatever happened to the 12 premium costumes? (S1 and S2 characters)
CFN: Jedi-Mind-Tricks
The Official Zeku of the SFV Board.

User Info: XiahouSong

XiahouSong
11 months ago#60
Kylo_Ren_ posted...
EsperStarr posted...
Kylo_Ren_ posted...
- 1 Premium Costume for Season 1 and 2 characters

If all the premium, story and holiday costumes were part of AE then it'll be worth the $40. So I guess i'll stick with the current disk and grind the hell out of Arcade Mode to earn more FM. I'm still missing a couple of S2 characters.

S1 pass and S2 pass starting in 2018 is likely to be $40 in total anyway. So its like getting a free game.

This...
THere's no point for a person like me who has had the game since launch and have all characters, some stages, costumes and buy the premium outfits that I want.

If it gave ALLLL the premium outfits, then we have a problem.
Players still have to play the game ("grind"... smh) for Season 3 characters.

Now i'm a little bit confused. Does that mean 1 premium costume (2 in total) for a season 1 and season 2 character?

Whatever happened to the 12 premium costumes? (S1 and S2 characters)

I think it means 1 premium costume per character. So you'd get the costumes that came with the character/season passes, but none of the additional ones.
---
The Dragon reveals himself only to vanish.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. CLARIFICATION: SFV Arcade Edition. Past Owners and New Owners Guide

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.