CLARIFICATION: SFV Arcade Edition. Past Owners and New Owners Guide

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. CLARIFICATION: SFV Arcade Edition. Past Owners and New Owners Guide

User Info: EsperStarr

EsperStarr
8 months ago#1
It seems there is some weird confusion going on so if it's needed, here's the clarification (even though it shouldn't be needed and is probably totally unnecessary).

For Reference:
Current Prices
-----------------------
SFV: $20 to $40 depending on platform ($60 at launch)
Season 1 Pass: $20 Currently (may also be discounted as Arcade Edition renders it useless to some)
Season 2 Pass: $30 Currently (soon to be discounted)
---
SFV: Arcade Edition $40 for new purchasers; free update for current purchasers
*At this time, not sure how stages fit into all of this. Will be reaching out to Capcom for clarification and will update accordingly.

Modes and Characters -
Current Owners of SFV (like moi):
- Characters: Purchase thru Fight Money, Real Money Individually since release or Season Pass (Options)
NOT UNLOCKED when SFV:AE RELEASES UNLESS YOU UNLOCKED VIA THE METHODS ABOVE.
- All Mode/Balance Content Updates from SFV AND Arcade Edition: Updated freely since launch

NEW Purchasers of Arcade Edition $40:
- Characters: Season 1 and 2 passes unlocked
- 1 Premium Costume for Season 1 and 2 characters
- All Modes/Balances unlocked from beginning of release AND SFV:AE release

In Laymen's terms:
Buying SFV:AE is like buying Season Pass 1 and 2 at discount as S2 will drop from 30 anyway.
You will be getting The entire game's free AE content and release content (excluding premium costumes released seasonally)

Current owners like myself who have either already unlocked all characters via either buying separately, playing the game with FM or Season Pass will be getting all the new content update free.

Me as an example: I bought the game for 60 dollars, unlocked all characters via Fight Money and will now be getting the SFV:AE edition update. SO essentially, my SFV:AE buying counterparts will be getting everything I HAVE at discount 40 dollars.

Buying Guide
---------------------
If you have NOT bought SFV at all -
Option 1: Wait until SFV:AE and buy the game at 40 dollars.
Option 2: Buy the game NOW at 20 to 40 dollars and either buy a Season 1 pass at 20 or unlock characters by playing the game

If You already have SFV or JUST bought it:
Option 1: Continue as you were and play the game unlocking things with Fight Money.
Option 2: Buy a season pass or buy the characters you are missing with Real money to fill in the blanks
Option 3: Continue NOT unlocking the characters that you don't want.
Tip: DO NOT BUY SFV:AE IF YOU ALREADY OWN SFV....

That is all
Life imitates art
PSN: EsperKazumi CFN: Esperstarr
(edited 8 months ago)

User Info: Taizuku

Taizuku
8 months ago#2
Well wouldn't buying AE be more worth it than buying the season's passes if you already own the game? If you want the characters without grinding for FM that is.
Come check out some dope beats n stuff! Soundcloud.com/anubisinc
(edited 8 months ago)

User Info: BlueMage02

BlueMage02
8 months ago#3
The fact this needed a topic so soon saddens me since all the information we have currently is easily available.

We might as well have one so people stop asking every 10 posts so thank you TC.
PSN:BlueXMage XBL:jfellipe 3DS FC: 3995 - 7815 - 0886
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.
(edited 8 months ago)

User Info: skizzo

skizzo
8 months ago#4
Taizuku posted...
Well wouldn't buying AE be more worth it than buying the season's passes if you already own the game? If you want the characters without grinding for FM that is.

Not really. Might as well get the season passes once S3 starts and they'll both be discounted even further.

User Info: rildomein

rildomein
8 months ago#5
I'm buying AE for PC. I've been wanting this on both platforms, but didn't want to play catchup on PC for characters. This is perfect.
[[[[[WATCH THE POWER]]]]
Youtube channel: joshlovaca
(edited 8 months ago)

User Info: Thinkzinc

Thinkzinc
8 months ago#6
I do wish Season Pass holders got more bonuses like a FM or exp boost. I bought both season passes.

User Info: Damastah101

Damastah101
8 months ago#7
This needs to be stickied yet again @EsperStarr because too many people are confused about this for some reason smh.
Revised Karin Kanzuki signature by me.
http://i.imgur.com/bGjyyEJ.png

User Info: LYRICA

LYRICA
8 months ago#8
I am truly shocked at the fact that people can't understand information. There are people in multiple threads who were completely lost even though the information Capcom sent out was crystal clear.

Nevertheless, thanks @EsperStarr
(edited 8 months ago)

EsperStarr
8 months ago#9
Taizuku posted...

I mean that depends on who you are -

Own the game since launch and have actually been playing for the past 2 years like me:
I have all characters with Fight Money left over and stacking (and unearned still waiting for me to unlock)
For me, 40 dollars would be getting me??? 12 Premium outfits? I think there's a bundle for that worth 20 dollars?

Owned the Game and haven't been playing missing most of the characters:
You have options....

1. You COULD buy SFV:AE for an extra 40 dollars but thats kind of a waste considering you're paying for some of the characters you already unlocked
2. Buy the 20 dollar or 30 dollar season pass (or both) amounting to 50 (soon 40 lol like SFV:AE's pricing because Season 2 will drop in price).
3. "Grind" by actually trying out new characters and playing the game. I have an entire guide up north on this forum where you aren't grinding online battles. you Are Playing and trying out all characters for a short amount of time.

Depends on when you've bought SFV and IF you've bought Season passes/playing the game.

I get my FM from playing Beginner COntent with the characters. I have so many trials from Season 2 and a havent done Ibuki, Balrog and alot of the new characters content with alot of FM not earned yet. Which means ive been primarily just doing the monthly challenges for FIght Money and Story prologues/trials for released characters... I'm sitting on SO MUCH FM but thats because I play.

@Taizuku
Life imitates art
(edited 8 months ago)

EsperStarr
8 months ago#10
@BlueMage02 @Damastah101 @LYRICA

Lol yeah I think people are just hyping themselves and lol falling for the awesomeness of it but also the marketing of it lmao

It's totally fair pricing but when you break it down..it's literally just Season 1 and 2 discounted with some costumes since everyone has access to everything else.

You are also welcome my darlings
Life imitates art
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. CLARIFICATION: SFV Arcade Edition. Past Owners and New Owners Guide

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.