• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: PrintersChamp

PrintersChamp
2 years ago#1
Is mp just a shotgun fest? I played the beta and liked it, but it seemed everyone was only using shotguns. I'm a distance and assault rifle type of guy. Is there more weapons than the gnasher and lancer?
Give us SOCOM 2. Xbl and psn printerschamp

User Info: DolemiteXP

DolemiteXP
2 years ago#2
Gears MP has just about always been a shotgun fest. A bunch of dodge rollin, corner sliding shotgun bros trying to get cool clips to put on youtube. I avoid it like the plague.
Shanahan!!! Yuse got some SPLAININ ta do!!!

User Info: PerrySport

PerrySport
2 years ago#3
It's a borefest.
It is what it is

User Info: GoldenHamster

GoldenHamster
2 years ago#4
There's good variety, but at its core a lot of shotguns are used, that's how it's always been. I like it, if you're totally against it then you'll dislike it I'm sure.
XBL - Literategrain | GS - 27423 PSN - xTheMagnificentx
White 2 FC - 3826-7442-4385

User Info: thedarkness0170

thedarkness0170
2 years ago#5
If you dont like the shotgun then you will not like this game.

User Info: vayne145

vayne145
2 years ago#6
The problem is they put TO much cover in the game. Every 2 steps there is something to hide behind. You cant get a ranged kill unless you go for someone picking up a power weapon or you are using a power weapon. Close combat is all you really get in gears because there are 5000 things per map to hid behind.

User Info: ONEEYEDKING

ONEEYEDKING
2 years ago#7
Hammer burst or enforcer are pretty good
But if, for arguments sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be a tragedy." -Kaneki Ken

User Info: ZamboniGamer

ZamboniGamer
2 years ago#8
Wouldn't be so bad, if they allowed you to use the retro lancer. Not sure why they took that out as a starting weapon.

User Info: PrintersChamp

PrintersChamp
2 years ago#9
I played a good bit of Gears 3 and liked it, but it didn't seem to be all shotguns. I remember doing well with the lancer. When I played the beta for 4 it was nothing but shotguns.
Give us SOCOM 2. Xbl and psn printerschamp

User Info: Ryo_Hazzuki

Ryo_Hazzuki
2 years ago#10
Got 15 downs with enforcer, just keep downing them over and over and use as bait.
Terry: "Well...I guess there's more to school boy than meets the eye."
  • Topic Archived