• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
  3. Ring of Blades worth the risk of using ascetic in Ng?
SCBstylee 10 months ago#1
Just wondering if I should use an ascetic in Ng to get the Ring of Blades +2 before heading into Ng+. Is it worth it to have it early or will this make the Throne Watcher/Defender and Nashandra fight be much harder (it will be Ng++ essentially) in my Ng+ run? For some context, I’m a melee mace user that beat all content/bosses with no summons (only NPCs for some fights). Thanks for the help!
CravenWaffles 10 months ago#2
Personal preference. You get 15 more physical attack with RoB2 vs RoB1. If you don't mind having the area NG++ on your next playthrough and want that extra +15, then do it and don't forget to hit up throne watcher/defender again for the boss souls. My own preference would be not worth it since it doesn't take that long to get back to the castle and I carry lots of poison knives... really helps with those giant health pools. Another thing to keep in mind, you can skip straight through the shrine of winter if you have 2 million souls to use when you're in NG+ (not NG!!!). If you are going for full achievements though, I'd save them for skipping in NG++ (3 million souls) to buy the final spells at the castle and playthrough the rest leisurely.
Roninzeta 4 months ago#3
I know this is old, but absolutely not. Making the final bosses permanently harder on every NG+ onwards, for +15 damage per hit. Is not worth it. If you’ve been doing well up to that point with a Mace, then you’ll continue to do well without the minor boost in dps. If you’re worried, go buy a bunch of Gold Pine Resins to take into NG+ with you. But you won’t need them.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
  3. Ring of Blades worth the risk of using ascetic in Ng?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

Where can I find the symbol of the king? Side Quest2 Answers
How do I get past the statue? Side Quest5 Answers
Cant use bluemoon greatsword? Side Quest2 Answers
Blonde lion clan warrior? General1 Answer
Doors of Pharos Mimic? Side Quest1 Answer