• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
  3. Lighting the statue in Undead Crypt (minor spoilers)

User Info: ChimZ

ChimZ
6 years ago#1
So, in vanilla Souls, if you lit the statue in Undead Crypt, all the lights went off in a pretty dramatic fashion and gave you more light in the area.

This time when you approach said statue, there's a sign placed on the ground in front of it saying "Don't you dare!" Clearly expecting something stupid to happen, I lit it anyway. And, yes, something stupid happened. It spawns a bunch of angry as hell, lightning and dark wielding NPCs. Only good thing about them is they drop Skeptics Spice, Twinklies and Bonfire Ascetics (that I've discovered so far). They don't seem to respawn, and there's only been five that I've found so far, but I thought it was an interesting little addition.

Be careful though, one spawns right behind you when you light the statue, and another spawns on that shortcut bridge from the bonfire to Velstadt, and he loves his Heavenly Thunder and Lightning Spear. Also cannot be snuck up on. Believe me, I tried. :p
Ask GameFAQs; because Google doesn't have enough snarky comments...

User Info: Tropicano

Tropicano
6 years ago#2
Just adding this in. One of those red spirits dropped a branch of yore for me. Pretty cool, i guess

User Info: Nefastuss

Nefastuss
6 years ago#3
I have to say that made me quite happy. Those enemies were suposed to show up in the crypt (They are showed in details in the artbook that comes with the Collector's edition, I have the 360 one) and always upset me that they didnt show up before. Glad they did!

User Info: ChimZ

ChimZ
6 years ago#4
Tropicano posted...
Just adding this in. One of those red spirits dropped a branch of yore for me. Pretty cool, i guess

Really? Nice! Could be a new farming spot if they respawn with ascetics or don't despawn with CoC, I'll have to check it out.
Ask GameFAQs; because Google doesn't have enough snarky comments...
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
  3. Lighting the statue in Undead Crypt (minor spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A