• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
  3. Planning on giving this a shot

User Info: Shamino

Shamino
3 months ago#1
I beat DSR 2 handing a club and DS3 (last boss left) 2 handing a Great Club.

I plan on either sword and board or dual wielding. What's a weapon choice with good horizontal arc? A lot of swords I try to use just stab in one direction and require precise aiming which is a no go.

Don't care about and won't be participating in PvP.
Nintendrone/PC Elitist 16 GB 6700k GTX 1070
Cards/Suns/'Yotes/Diamondbacks Fan
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: callipygias

callipygias
3 months ago#2
Sounds like you're limited to one playthrough, so I'd suggest going with your dual-wield option.
Then, as your stats increase, it'll open up DS2's powerstance. You'll still be dual-wielding, but you'll have a different (and powerful) moveset available.

Powerstancing swords has a great horizontal arc (same with the quick attack when powerstancing greatswords).

Since you'll be using 1-hand (and possibly PS) movesets, most swords will work for you. Longsword and Varangian would be good, and they're both available early. Their horizontal is good with the R1 and great with both R2 and PS.
Technically the best horizontal for non-great swords would probably be the Red Rust Sword, but it isn't available for a while. If you PS it with something else you'd need to have it in your left hand though--in the right hand it changes to a hammer moveset, which is more vertical.

Independent Minds have value
Hive minds can rot
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
  3. Planning on giving this a shot
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A