You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: allaccordingto

allaccordingto
1 month ago#1
this is my second etrian game. the first was dropped, but im thinking of picking it back up again after im done with this one. im having trouble with the 5th floor (yes already)

here's my party:

masurao / dragoon / harbinger
warlock / shaman

they haven't unlocked the second names yet but i'm thinking of

master / canon / undecided
elemancer / herald

i might go deathguard for backup healing, but the lack of damage outside of ephemeral reap isn't really appealing.

masu is doing fine, as is the dragoon and warlock, but i'm undecided on the shaman and harbinger. i initially picked the shaman because they reminded me of the sovereigns, and i loved that class in eo3, but their skills are SP intensive and the lack of healing and rez apart from items bug me.

harbinger burns his TP too much because of paralysing reap and miasma armour (if auto doesn't activate it). but other than that he can only do so much as use the attack command if his TP is low.

i'm a bit hesitant to change their classes (due to me being me, getting attached and giving them specific backstories). party comp isn't my strong suit but it's very fun !! despite them being weak (which might be because they're underleveled or something), i still love them too much for it to be healthy.

please, and thank you for helping me.

allaccordingto
1 month ago#2
also, by "lack of healing" in the shaman part, i was talking about how you have to put buffs to heal your other teammates

User Info: YoruWestwood

YoruWestwood
1 month ago#3
Your party (and plan for promotions) looks fine. Once you unlock promotions you should find things going a lot smoother.

There's a healing knife in a secret area on 2F, so you could grab that to help with healing. There will also be an accessory that grants an in-battle revive in the second stratum, which can reduce your need for Nectars. Once you unlock promotions, Herald Shaman can handle healing alone, so Harbinger can go Deathbringer for damage. Once you max Auto-Miasma, it'll have a 100% chance to proc, so that could help with Harbinger TP.

allaccordingto
1 month ago#4
oh! i see^^

that's reassuring to know, i've been worrying too much i guess. will they still be able to tackle on the post-game content without any re-classing?

thank you for answering !!
if i'm here, everything did not go according to keikaku

User Info: YoruWestwood

YoruWestwood
1 month ago#5
Postgame should be doable with the party as-is. Deathbringer will bring Toxic Reap and Chaos Reap to help with randoms, and you have enough AoE that you should be able to kill the superboss with the right setup.

allaccordingto
4 weeks ago#6
that's reassuring. thank you ^^
if i'm here, everything did not go according to keikaku