You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Event in 1f of Tutelary Forest not triggering

User Info: hakureimu

hakureimu
1 month ago#1
Started the game recently and I've completed all the Adventurer's Logs in 1f except the 5th one with the berries that poison your party. I tried to go to the location where it happens but there is no option to check it. Any reason why this could be, and is there a way to fix it?
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: ZeoKnight

ZeoKnight
1 month ago#2
After eating the berries, run back to the entrance to clear the event
First FOTM won 05/26/2017, FOTM wins/attempts: 3/4, first ROTM won 01/06/2018, ROTM wins/attempts: 1/4
First COTM won 08/10/2018

User Info: Terragent

Terragent
1 month ago#3
You're not reading the post. The event itself is not triggering at all: the TC is going to the specified location and not getting any prompt to initiate it.

I'm also curious about this, as I've never been able to trigger it in the full game (it only ever happened for me when I was playing the demo).

Maybe it's demo only? Maybe it's only possible to trigger it before some plot flags have been set?
The person who respects the letter of the law but not the spirit is a person with no justice in their heart.

User Info: ArgentRhiza

ArgentRhiza
1 month ago#4
Maybe I'm remenbering wrong but the poisonous berries event only happen when you're doing the first mission.

Or did it not prompt during it either?
Jupeter <3

hakureimu
1 month ago#5
ArgentRhiza posted...
Maybe I'm remenbering wrong but the poisonous berries event only happen when you're doing the first mission.

Or did it not prompt during it either?

No, I completed the first mission but it's still not available :(
Terragent posted...
Maybe it's demo only? Maybe it's only possible to trigger it before some plot flags have been set?

I don't think it is. I watched part of a walkthrough of the full game and the event was there.
Maybe Adventurer's Logs are supposed to go in order? I saw these events labelled with the same numbers in multiple guides. I was able to do #6 (event with the backpack), maybe I wasn't supposed to do that one yet and got locked out of #5. Just a guess but that's the only reason I can think of :/
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: ArgentRhiza

ArgentRhiza
1 month ago#6
Oh nono, I meant it's only available during the first mission, and I think it dissapears as soon as you complete it.

Um, I'll test it and edit my post <:p

Edit: Tested and it's the only event that dissapears after you complete the first mission.

Small Nexus 1st labyrinth spoiler:
I think they did the same with the naked ambush in the 1st labyrinth iirc.
Jupeter <3
(edited 1 month ago)

hakureimu
1 month ago#7
ArgentRhiza posted...
Tested and it's the only event that dissapears after you complete the first mission.

Oh, I see :( Are there any other events in the game that are missable?

User Info: ZeoKnight

ZeoKnight
1 month ago#8
ArgentRhiza posted...
Tested and it's the only event that dissapears after you complete the first mission.

Thank you for testing this out.

hakureimu posted...
Are there any other events in the game that are missable?

So far I managed to trigger all events during my first attempt. If I remember correctly I don't think there is any other else, but some events can only be triggered once (if during the event you choose something like "leave the place", the event will be permanently gone).
First FOTM won 05/26/2017, FOTM wins/attempts: 3/4, first ROTM won 01/06/2018, ROTM wins/attempts: 1/4
First COTM won 08/10/2018

User Info: Blademaster_Aio

Blademaster_Aio
1 month ago#9
Okay so this event is missable.

Now you can only do this quest before you complete the first mission. The reason is that the event spans the entire length of the floor, and only completes once you reach the exit.

So from the time you eat the berries, to the time you reach the exit, the event takes place.

After you beat the first mission, you gain access to threads which let you escape from the labyrinth. So that item basically invalidates the entire episode.

You're basically trying to make it back to town, taking damage after every few steps.

Which is why, in my opinion, that particular event disappears after you gain access to the threads.
I think this is the only quest that does something like this. I don't think I've had other events disappearing on me, other than this one.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Event in 1f of Tutelary Forest not triggering