Does anyone ever feel anxious? E0IV & PQ spoilers

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Does anyone ever feel anxious? E0IV & PQ spoilers

User Info: Silva-Requiem

Silva-Requiem
3 months ago#1
I just reached the 2nd Stratum, 6F, and just walking about this place, I feel nervous... like I'm in danger. I remember this feeling when I was going through parts of the Misty Ravine and Echoing Library of Etrian Oddyssey IV, and the Evil Spirit Club of Persona Q. I hate this feeling, but I love it at the same time. The atmosphere is amazing...

In terms of my party I feel pretty safe-ish.
Got a Fencer and Masurao on the frontline, and Dragoon, Warlock and Shaman on the back.
Not much healing, but I exploit chains, and Sequoian Bow+4, to get more points into Gospel. Anyways, great feels all around... Though I know I feel something bad coming lol
Never fear the fall...

User Info: Blademaster_Aio

Blademaster_Aio
3 months ago#2
You are in danger.

Everything is out to kill you after all.

I always have mixed feelings about the first floor of a new stratum. It’s the easiest floor of the stratum, but it’s also a difficulty jump.

And the last floor of every stratum has that same feeling. Because they’re evil. Because they have evil formations and evil new enemy that the devs saved for the very last floor, then they compensate by sticking them in every encounter.
Believe God is one, and believe in the hereafter.

Blademaster_Aio
3 months ago#3
The evil spirit club of PQ was just creepy.

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
3 months ago#4
The nerves were worse for EO2, personally. Due in no small part to the fact that you can't see what the FOEs are until you're in battle with them. And they don't appear on your map until you've actually walked on the tile that they now occupy. And some of them don't appear at all until you're in battle and suddenly there's ONE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!!

After tackling EO2, EO4, EOU and EO2U, there's just less to really surprise me in EO5. There's some tension sure, but now I can approach things with a veteran mindset.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

User Info: Terron145

Terron145
3 months ago#5
Thard_Verad posted...
And some of them don't appear at all until you're in battle and suddenly there's ONE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!!
*Vampire Tree flashbacks intensify*

User Info: vanille987

vanille987
3 months ago#6
Blademaster_Aio posted...
The evil spirit club of PQ was just creepy.

Yes, and bloody jumps scares.
The only EO dungeon where I hastiated to take steps.

User Info: Meta289

Meta289
3 months ago#7
You can avoid the Spirit Club jumpscares by simply walking backwards or sideways. The dolls won't pop up in your face if you do that.
https://i.imgur.com/fw1QFvY.png - Tea time, f***ers.
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is the best DS Zelda game.

Blademaster_Aio
3 months ago#8
Meta289 posted...
You can avoid the Spirit Club jumpscares by simply walking backwards or sideways. The dolls won't pop up in your face if you do that.

Yeah, you can avoid them, but normally you don’t walk backwards or sideways, you know.

User Info: Silva-Requiem

Silva-Requiem
3 months ago#9
I hated Evil Spirit Club, especially the forced darkness key rooms... And now the 3rd Stratum is giving me flashbacks... I'm tense and jumping at random encounters ffs... You may laugh at me lol
13F... ugggh
Never fear the fall...

User Info: Terron145

Terron145
3 months ago#10
Blademaster_Aio posted...
Yeah, you can avoid them, but normally you don’t walk backwards or sideways, you know.
Speak for yourself; that one Quest Hollow from EOIV and all of the hidden shortcuts in the 6th Stratum of the same game had me abusing the Hell out of being able to walk backwards and sideways.

- No joke, for a time, I actually thought walking backwards during instances when the encounter rate skyrocketed was a legitimate means of avoiding an ambush.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Does anyone ever feel anxious? E0IV & PQ spoilers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived