Should I drop my Blade Dancer?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Should I drop my Blade Dancer?

User Info: prettycureXD

prettycureXD
4 weeks ago#1
I'm starting to dislike this class. My Necromancer would always run out of TP trying to Fierce Shield this wet paper tissue every damn fight. Sure Blade Dancer can take care of many foes but trying to keep her alive feels like a chore ugh! I have Earth Brawler Pug, Earth Deathbringer, Blade Dancer Therian, Brouni Shaman and Spirit Broker. Should I opt for Chain Fencer, Blade Master or Cannon Bearer?

User Info: Enfinete

Enfinete
4 weeks ago#2
Is that Bind Pug? (Barrage anf impact are both brawlers).

I think binding dangerous threat +fierce shield is fine.

Get some pancakes if TP is an issue.

If you want to switch, Chain Killer worke well. Buster Cannon also. If Evoker petrifies, Helm Splitter works well too, and Masurao is overall a good buffer/debuffer for physical attackers.
"The Story will become Legend...." - From Riviera: The Promised Land

User Info: prettycureXD

prettycureXD
4 weeks ago#3
Enfinete posted...
Is that Bind Pug? (Barrage anf impact are both brawlers).

I think binding dangerous threat +fierce shield is fine.

Get some pancakes if TP is an issue.

If you want to switch, Chain Killer worke well. Buster Cannon also. If Evoker petrifies, Helm Splitter works well too, and Masurao is overall a good buffer/debuffer for physical attackers.

Where do you farm Forest Berries? I'm unable to make those due to the lack of berries.

User Info: Emonzaemon

Emonzaemon
4 weeks ago#4
Forest Berries can be purchased from one of the food merchants that stops by the bar. The bar cycles through the merchants, so just buy all the berries every time he shows up.

User Info: DemiseEnd

DemiseEnd
4 weeks ago#5
Note that you need to get forrest berries in the first few floors before its buyable. In my og run i didn't have the merchant until Stratum 4 because of that
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it.
3ds fc:3823-9549-3094 - Ice > Fire

User Info: Hemless

Hemless
4 weeks ago#6
I ran basically the same party with a smoke botanist instead of a harbinger.

I'm thinking it's tp management, maybe you're using skills other than fierce shield or did you level summon wraith higher than level 1 for some reason?

I was able to keep fierce shield at 4 or lower until the end of the third stratum/near the start of the 4th, where I ran out of other skills "worth leveling" at that time. I had no issues spaming fierce shield every battle and running entire floors ( although I would go back after foe battles, bUT I purposely avoided those), with minimal or no food usage depending on how annoying the puzzles were.

Generally my opinion of tank necromancer is kinda like "fierce sheld is so cheap you it's seems almost impossible to run out of tp".

I also didn't use zombie powder, poison bomb, or gates of hell in random battles(unless I was about to go back or it was an emergency) - just fierce shield and summon wraith.

I will warn you, fire ants in the next stratum are going to wreck your wraiths and blade dancer, so I hope you have chaos reap leveled.

But yeah, if you want to trade slightly easier random battles for harder foe/boss battles it's up to you. I imagine the lack of a revive spell can be annoying with a dancer.
I need to stop losing my passwords..
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Should I drop my Blade Dancer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived