Could I afford to go Damage Broker or Blade Dancer against (spoilers)?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Could I afford to go Damage Broker or Blade Dancer against (spoilers)?

User Info: chaincat22

chaincat22
3 months ago#1
Star Devourer.

My team is currently

Elemancer Blade Master Deathbringer
Death Broker Divine Herald

The team works well enough, I'm not worried that this team could beat Star Devourer if I just copy thunderclap's strat or just play my cards right, but currently the roles against the level cap bosses have been...

Elemancer: Front row. With a gun. Spamming Focused Explosions. Somehow he's died the least against bosses.

Blade Master: Triple Slash. There are no other moves. There is only Triple Slash.

Deathbringer: WHY WON'T IT GET STATUSED SO I CAN HIT THEM WITH FRIGID REAP I THOUGHT IT WAS WEAK TO (status) ARGAHGHAGHAAAAA

Death Broker: Fierce Shield. Fierce Shield until the cows come home, and then Fierce Shield some more. Fair Trade finisher with Formaldehyde.

Divine Herald: I am the bone of my buffs. Aegis is my body, and Exorcism is my blood. I have prayed over a thousand buffs. Unknown to ailments. Nor known to heals. Have withstood pain to bring many buffs. Yet those hands will never pray for anything. So as I pray, Unlimited Buff Works.

Jokes aside, I've been doing well so far but I definitely feel like my damage could be better than it is, but I'm not sure if these a******s can survive without fierce shield. But to that end, could I just trade my solid 1k damage per turn blade master out for a blade dancer since they'd always be covered by 3 9k wraiths? Or is Star Devourer too much of a damage sponge and damage dealer for me to get away with that?
[The World]! Toki Yo Tomare!

User Info: jisn064

jisn064
3 months ago#2
https://i.imgur.com/4PEwhfG.jpg
Sorry for my bad english ;D /-/ Nos Siej
(edited 61 minutes ago)

User Info: Blademaster_Aio

Blademaster_Aio
3 months ago#3
I prefer helm splitter / bolt slash to triple slash but whatever.

Wilting miasma + black mist! Reaps, and max out your reaps, give him a fortune necklace.

I didn't have any problems with landing statuses, although my favorite status for a long time was poison and panic.

And auto-miasma was maxed.
Believe God is one, and believe in the hereafter.

User Info: Blademaster_Aio

Blademaster_Aio
3 months ago#4
And to answer your question... I don't use blade dancer against SD. Unless I have a fall back plan. Eh, you'll see for yourself.
Believe God is one, and believe in the hereafter.

chaincat22
3 months ago#5
Blademaster_Aio posted...
I prefer helm splitter / bolt slash to triple slash but whatever.

triple slash is my only source of binds, and the crits could potentially push it over bolt slash, but not helm splitter, if my math is right. And tripple crit is not as unlikely as one would think.

chaincat22
3 months ago#6
Blademaster_Aio posted...
And to answer your question... I don't use blade dancer against SD. Unless I have a fall back plan. Eh, you'll see for yourself.

Well, I'm currently running tank necro, so I might be able to get away with that. The other option is to respec my necro and start dumping more points into wraith gen and damage rather than fierce shield

User Info: Enfinete

Enfinete
3 months ago#7
Your crit rate is going to be just over 30% with maxed Sword God against this enemy. Triple Strike does not benefit from crit glitch I think?

Soboro’s equip skill will beat out both generally if you can ignore the auto-buff that follows it.

As for Fierce Shield... there is a problem outside of damage. Enemy has moves that will outspeed fierce shield.
"The Story will become Legend...." - From Riviera: The Promised Land

chaincat22
3 months ago#8
Enfinete posted...
As for Fierce Shield... there is a problem outside of damage. Enemy has moves that will outspeed fierce shield.

yeesh. Well, good thing I'm respeccing then...
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Could I afford to go Damage Broker or Blade Dancer against (spoilers)?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived