I fought the 6th Stratum boss and...!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. I fought the 6th Stratum boss and...!

User Info: OnicMa93

OnicMa93
4 months ago#1
And I lost! First time, it used Full Burst and decimated me. I didn't think that that would happen again, but that's death number two. Death three was me trying to Chain Blast it but it still Full Blasted me to death. What's different about this guy is that this boss doesn't need to charge in order to use it's strongest attack. Usually enemies do, and that's after I set up my stuff.

Party is Lv. 99 unretired.

M BM Tri-attack, High Ground
D SB Vice Crush (auto dragon Roar and bunker in effect)
R DB Wilting Miasma (auto miasma in effect)

W O Amplifier
B MH Smokeblight

Then after several more deaths I realized when it uses Full Burst it destroys all of its limbs. Then I redid my plan and got it down to 50% HP.

Same of everything, except I used Aegis Shield from Brouni.

After that it's a slew of High Ground, Armor Pierce, Gore Slash thing, then Volt Slash. For Dragoon I still use Decoy Bunkers and Vice Crush. For Reaper I use Miasma Armor and then Temperal Shroud. For Warlock I use Thunder, and Brouni also Thunder. It stuns the boss a good few turns.

I wish I hadn't upgraded the weapons to 5, the TP is expensive now, especially Thunder. Went from 50 to 75.
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." - The Dandelion Girl

User Info: SerperiorThanU

SerperiorThanU
4 months ago#2
lol yep that's SD for you. Just straight out "this move is gonna OHKO you" right out of the gate. Beware that he starts getting desperate at lower hp and will start spamming attacks and regeneration like no tomorrow.
Grass Hurricane Master

User Info: Enfinete

Enfinete
4 months ago#3
Well Explosion didn’t exactly have charge either. It’s just an upgrade in that sense.
"The Story will become Legend...." - From Riviera: The Promised Land
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. I fought the 6th Stratum boss and...!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived