How come when I reach B30F, there's no boss?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. How come when I reach B30F, there's no boss?

User Info: OnicMa93

OnicMa93
3 months ago#1
I see two FOEs to the left that I can't reach, but the game just ends, and there are credits.
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." - The Dandelion Girl

User Info: Terragent

Terragent
3 months ago#2
If you want to fight the Star Devourer then you need to release the seals keeping it at bay; there is one on each of the "wing" areas of 30F, which will generally require you to run a gauntlet of FOEs to reach. The various interactive maps that have been made for the game indicate their precise locations, I believe.

Remember that teleporters are omnidirectional. You can reach the wing areas by stepping into the very first teleporter (ie, the one that you use to return to 29F) from the side.
The person who respects the letter of the law but not the spirit is a person with no justice in their heart.

OnicMa93
3 months ago#3
Oh, thanks a lot! I mean I've been doing that this whole stratum but when I finally reached 30F it just slipped my mind. Playing on Advanced mode, and I almost have everything at 100%! Can't wait to beat this in just one go!
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." - The Dandelion Girl

User Info: Terragent

Terragent
3 months ago#4
Note that if you continue from the end-credits save after getting the "bad" ending, you will no longer be accompanied by Arken and will miss out on the dialogue for the "good" ending that you get if you defeat the Star Devourer without stepping into its room before the seals are opened. It's nothing too involved, but it's something.
The person who respects the letter of the law but not the spirit is a person with no justice in their heart.

OnicMa93
3 months ago#5
Whew, good thing I made another save, just in case of anything.

User Info: SerperiorThanU

SerperiorThanU
3 months ago#6
OnicMa93 posted...
Can't wait to beat this in just one go!

Lol good luck with that
Grass Hurricane Master

User Info: majesticmystic

majesticmystic
3 months ago#7
Terragent posted...
Note that if you continue from the end-credits save after getting the "bad" ending, you will no longer be accompanied by Arken and will miss out on the dialogue for the "good" ending that you get if you defeat the Star Devourer without stepping into its room before the seals are opened. It's nothing too involved, but it's something.

You do get some unique dialogue for beating SD without Arken present, too.

OnicMa93
3 months ago#8
Aw man, I guess I have to do New Game+ after all.

OnicMa93
3 months ago#9
SerperiorThanU posted...
OnicMa93 posted...
Can't wait to beat this in just one go!

Lol good luck with that

This game was far easier than the rest of the Etrian Odyssey games. I still haven't beat EO2.

User Info: SerperiorThanU

SerperiorThanU
3 months ago#10
Did you beat SD?
Grass Hurricane Master
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. How come when I reach B30F, there's no boss?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived