Hardest F.O.E in the game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Hardest F.O.E in the game?

User Info: Desespkmaniaco

Desespkmaniaco
10 months ago#21
The gigantic rooms are (almost) fine. This one (has a treasure chest) is compact enough that there's barely any way to avoid/herd the gels once they're chasing you. The way forward is directly in front of you as you arrive to the room but if you go straight you WILL get blocked and you cannot maneuver around the gells, you have to wait for them to be in specific positions so you can avoid/lure them. All the while you map their position mentally/in an external board because of their stupid gimmick.
And you better not be one tile off because then it's full retreat time... or diving into a teleporter that will set you far far back.

It wasn't as unfair as teleporters+bane lizards but it was still very annoying.
Loliwood Lovely Log - https://loliwoodguild.wordpress.com/
An undub of EOV exists.

User Info: genestealer

genestealer
10 months ago#22
This is really hard to answer since nearly every FOE can be really hard or really easy depending on your party, and whether you're prepared for them or not. I remember the Sonar Worm giving my party some difficulty when I tried it, but if you can instant kill and/or block confusion and know its gimmick, it should be easy.

The infamous Prosperous Gel gave me a good welp moment when I failed to escape, and it proceeded to squash my entire party while healing itself for over 60K HP in one move. It is however very easy to shut down and destroy.

I have to say two FOEs I'm immensely disappointed in are Plague Demon and Mounting Horror. They both look terrifying, but are total pushovers in battle.

Emonzaemon posted...
So I'm the only person who enjoyed the Banana Peel puzzles? Now I feel like I missed a key experience of the postgame.
I liked them. Anything that requires you to pay attention is a plus in my book.

User Info: majesticmystic

majesticmystic
9 months ago#23
I just chain blasted every gel I see and moved on.

Well, Harvester is probably the hardest thing no contest, but it's kind of hard to say whether it's an FOE or a boss. Outside of that I'd say Clawed Fiend just because it's about the only FOE in the game which you can't easily shut down with something crippling, or has some easily exploited hole in their AI.

User Info: Blademaster_Aio

Blademaster_Aio
9 months ago#24
And the clawed fiend is an enemy of the summon row (pets and wraiths).

...but honestly, if your main strategy to fight a blob is 'leg bind it' and murder it, it just means the blob is strong enough to destroy you if you let it.

I don't remember ever needing to bind any other enemy to win.
Believe God is one, and believe in the hereafter.

User Info: Xaes

Xaes
9 months ago#25
Taurus Demon has killed me more then other FOEs. They clobber for high damage and if I fail an escape or don't bind it I'm usually seeing someone go down.
3DS FC: 4613-7242-2700
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1551509/
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Hardest F.O.E in the game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived