Zombie Dragon is OP as heck

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Zombie Dragon is OP as heck

User Info: ThatGirl_01

ThatGirl_01
4 months ago#1
Zombie Dragon is my last superboss. Tried to fight it before Lamia and Dryad, but the Combustion gets me every time it uses its fire move. Party is Cannon Bearer Dragoon, Chain Duelist Fencer, Elemancer Warlock, Deathbringer Harbinger and Divine Herald Shaman. All lv80

User Info: Enfinete

Enfinete
4 months ago#2
Fire Mist/Blaze Prayer on top of stuff like Mana Guard. You can also just lock enemy down.
"The Story will become Legend...." - From Riviera: The Promised Land

User Info: Blademaster_Aio

Blademaster_Aio
4 months ago#3
Again, keep up the ice chain train of pain.

As for combustion, keep a maxed blaze prayer up always during dark breath, bind zombie dragons head so it can't use fire breath, and just do a rotation of mana guard + gunmount till dark breath finishes.

Paralyse dragon and frigid reap it.
Believe God is one, and believe in the hereafter.

User Info: GiftedACIII

GiftedACIII
4 months ago#4
Weird. I find it the easiest. I can reliably stall him and tank his attacks (including combustion damage) now in order to get him kill himself with combustion. Meanwhile Dryad can still randomly blow away 3 members of my team if I get unlucky with her moves while I'm trying to get her to die to poison and I just fought Lamia at level 90 and I actually died three times with Mirina, not even trying to get her conditional because her binds and statuses just overwhelm me even though I'm using a botanist and shaman to keep them off me.
</topic>

User Info: Blademaster_Aio

Blademaster_Aio
4 months ago#5
The zombie dragon uses dark breath followed by poison rain, so you can use those turn to go amplifier, chain plus, hail prayer, wilting miasma, then next turn use mana oracle and attack it with ice.

Then you can set up blaze prayer.
Believe God is one, and believe in the hereafter.

User Info: genestealer

genestealer
4 months ago#6
I found it safest to deliberately trigger combustion, so you know when it's coming and can put everything you need into guarding against it that turn. It won't trigger again until the dragon lays down a new miasma field.

User Info: gba1989

gba1989
4 months ago#7
Chain Blast + Hyper offense(e.g. having Chain Fencer equip with The Answerer) will work with postgame bosses.
She played me like a piano - Big Boss, MGS Peacewalker
They played us like a damn fiddle - Kazuhira Miller, MGS Ground Zeroes

User Info: ThatGirl_01

ThatGirl_01
4 months ago#8
Thanks to everyone who answered. Turns out that the panic+chain blast strategy works best for all the post game bosses.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Zombie Dragon is OP as heck

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived