I love warp dungeons in Etrian Odyssey but [Spoilers from this and other EOs]

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. I love warp dungeons in Etrian Odyssey but [Spoilers from this and other EOs]

User Info: Zabie_W

Zabie_W
7 months ago#1
The 6th Stratum is giving me all sorts of OCD.

Look, I actually like the hell hole that are warp dungeons. EOU1 4th Stratum? Loved it. Claret Hollows? That place is hell for a different reason (The enemies). Misty Ravine? That actually is more similar to EO5 5th Stratum, wich I really liked. EO5 4th Stratum? My favourite of the game, I love my floor 19th map, reminded me of EOU1 4th Stratum, I numbered every single warp from that floor and loved doing it (There's 21 or 22 different teleports there, don't remember the exact number).

But how the hell am I supposed to map the 6th Stratum?! Those warp points are based on from where you enter! 1 same tile can send you to 4 different places based on the direction you enter. You can't use numbers when there's 4 possible exits. Autopaths? I tried, the game won't let me have more than 5 or 6.

Also I ain't no fool, I made it to the 27th floor and those where not stairs, that was another bloody teleporter, and floor 26 is half empty, wich means now this lovely place (No seriously, the place is really cool, enemies hurt a lot though, they die quickly because durr Lv 70 and Fencer has a The Answerer+5, but they hurt a lot) is, I'm 300% sure, teleport me around multiple floors up and down, Wich sure is cool and all that, but the fact that is going to be teleport hell and not just stairs (Because those teleporters are, most of them, 1 way only) means that mapping that place is going to be an utter hell.

I just...ugh...Help pls? Having teleporters with no way to map them is just irking me a lot, It's not a "I hate this place as much as EO4 and EO5 3rd Stratum", that's another can of worms for another day, but it's just well, triggering me for the lack of a more precise word.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
7 months ago#2
Dunno, I used color tiles, arrows and other symbols to properly map out every teleport and their destinations.

One important tip is to use the "Run Away" union skill when you find yourself stuck in a place you didn't want to be teleported to, since this skill will bring you back to the last stair used.

It can save you more than a hour of running in circles.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: Blademage777

Blademage777
7 months ago#3
Teleporters are colored for a reason that will be clear as you traverse more. I suggest just coloring the teleporter and the tile where you land.

If you haven't learned it already, there is a pattern to every teleporter where you will eventually know exactly where you will land before you enter the teleporter (even between floors).
http://www.youtube.com/user/san3711

User Info: Desespkmaniaco

Desespkmaniaco
7 months ago#4
I'm actually surprised you numbered the crystal teleporters. I just use colors. Colors for the teleporters and colors for where I'm expected to land. If I see a blue teleporter, I will paint it blue and then paint in blue every tile where I could potentially fall in from there.
Although I often left the landing tiles of blue teleporters uncolored when being a couple of tiles off in a quick guess isn't much trouble.

And I'm pretty sure that using numbers for these teleporters, while dirty and dumb, would be more feasible than doing the same for B29F >_>
Loliwood Lovely Log - https://loliwoodguild.wordpress.com/
An undub of EOV exists.

Zabie_W
7 months ago#5
So from what I'm reading there's simply no consistent way to map this Stratum...this is going to hurt my mapping pride.

If you haven't learned it already, there is a pattern to every teleporter where you will eventually know exactly where you will land before you enter the teleporter (even between floors).

I kinda figured out how the teleporters worked when I tried to use Autowalk arrows for mapping, though it was curious how I was always being moved the same amount of tiles, I payed attention and saw that all the teleporters moved me the exact same amount of tiles.

And after a bit of walking on F27 I found a different colored teleporter and, surprise surprise, it teleported me a different amount of tiles (Good thing I mapped the blue teleporters as blue tiles). Between that and the fact that there are no stairs, only teleporters moving through space (It makes sense too, you can't go "Up" when you're in space) I can see that I will LOVE this place, concept wise, this might possibly be my favourite 6th stratum of the series.

I just hate that I can't have a consistent map <-<

I'm actually surprised you numbered the crystal teleporters.

Why would you? Did you forget about my EOU1 BF19 Map?

https://i.imgur.com/eZbQuRc.jpg?1

I mapped the crystals as a pink tile (I used the proper crystals for the crystals that I can break) and after that it was numbers galore, much like the map on the spoilers.

And I loved it. Shame I can't do the same in the 6th strata.

User Info: Emonzaemon

Emonzaemon
7 months ago#6
What do you mean by a consistent map? If you know how the different colors work, then just by marking the color of every teleporter, you can know exactly where you're going to end up.

Desespkmaniaco
7 months ago#7
Zabie_W posted...

Why would you? Did you forget about my EOU1 BF19 Map?

That one is clean. One with scrystals isn't since each one of them can send you in several directions, so that's more numbers to place plus some extra indicators to know which side you can access them from.
This is what my S4 maps look like
https://i.imgur.com/XjUBSAT.png

Zabie_W posted...
I mapped the crystals as a pink tile (I used the proper crystals for the crystals that I can break)

Why would you do that?! The game already places an icon over breakable crystals and removes it when broken! And to drive the point further home, it autoplaces the crystal icon for the boss' crystals.

Zabie_W posted...
And after a bit of walking on F27 I found a different colored teleporter and, surprise surprise, it teleported me a different amount of tiles (Good thing I mapped the blue teleporters as blue tiles). Between that and the fact that there are no stairs, only teleporters moving through space (It makes sense too, you can't go "Up" when you're in space) I can see that I will LOVE this place, concept wise, this might possibly be my favourite 6th stratum of the series.

I just hate that I can't have a consistent map <-<

Just give up on numbers altogether, it's an exercise in futility
https://i.imgur.com/6EAzZbn.png
I wish I had taken screenshots of previous floors, they're more clear...
An undub of EOV exists.

Zabie_W
7 months ago#8
What do you mean by a consistent map? If you know how the different colors work, then just by marking the color of every teleporter, you can know exactly where you're going to end up.

All my maps always follow the same patterns. Walls never do + forms (there's always space avoiding that unless you decide to wall water), every single chest gets it's content marked, teleports are marked.

Basically, If I where to grab any Etrian Odyssey map, no matter the game, I should be able to navigate it because it alway follows the same ruleset. The only time I got lost after getting a full map is EO4 3rd Strata, I got lost trying to reach to the post-game part of that strata. The way that map works is the reason is my least liked Stratum in the series.

This stratum looks like it will join the ranks of "Where the hell do I go?!" Although I can forgive it because the idea behind it is super dope

That one is clean. One with scrystals isn't since each one of them can send you in several directions

Don't you bash my little child! F19 is made of love

https://i.imgur.com/MJqOGyv.png

22 teleporters, the path is 3-4-6-9-11-13-18-21 and stairs Simple and clear as that.

Desespkmaniaco
7 months ago#9
Zabie_W posted...
Don't you bash my little child! F19 is made of love

I'm sorry, but your child is ugly! I actually spent several seconds looking for a crystal north of *7. But that tile was actually an exit, not an entrance.
An undub of EOV exists.

User Info: shinyspheal

shinyspheal
7 months ago#10
I used arrows that point the direction I came from and a circle to mark the teleporter.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL true Legend. I am one of the real main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thx.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. I love warp dungeons in Etrian Odyssey but [Spoilers from this and other EOs]

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived