Reflex Herb is absurdly good

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Reflex Herb is absurdly good

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
5 months ago#1
Pulled me through practically all of the later half of the game by itself.

Raise that to 10, raise the Herb Mastery to 10 too, and you're close to invincible.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: Blademaster_Aio

Blademaster_Aio
5 months ago#2
And herb boost?
Believe God is one, and believe in the hereafter.

User Info: Desespkmaniaco

Desespkmaniaco
5 months ago#3
Mine wasn't that good... probably because I didn't max the mastery until I didn't need it anymore.
I got more mileage out of chase heal.
Loliwood Lovely Log - https://loliwoodguild.wordpress.com/
An undub of EOV exists.

User Info: danmiy12

danmiy12
5 months ago#4
he can also heal in his sleep somehow...it def helped the most with maxed reflex+lv1 herb mastery and plenty in herb boost for that overheal..delayed heal is good if you get preemtive strike..
MH4U :Atom HH main 5.7k uses hr999/Sonata MHGen 3.7k HH uses 3ds FC 4699-8385-62781
my MH OC: http://danmiy12.deviantart.com/art/Sonata-as-a-Palico-670554160

Blademaster_Aio
5 months ago#5
Okay, that's great, he can heal even while disabled? Amazing.

User Info: pectus_umbra

pectus_umbra
5 months ago#6
I have been debating over whether to rest my broni poisoner into a healer since I've been keeping a celestrian in the wings. I even did a mock up rest and assigned points but it felt very unimpressive.

That said I am getting towards the end of the game so it might be time. Particularly since I'm finally thinking of getting rid of my necromancer karuto coffin.

I've got a blade master, deathbringer, evoker, and elemancer along side my posioner. Any recommendations on what to do with him if he is a healer?
My Puzzle and Dragons Box:
https://www.padherder.com/user/pectus_umbra/monsters

Blademaster_Aio
5 months ago#7
Get herb boost maxed and a healing skill maxed, any one you like. Herb boost is like overheal and it makes your party pretty tanky.

User Info: 2Zak

2Zak
5 months ago#8
Yes it is. I used to have it at level 5 with level 10 Herb mastery and it was pretty much all the healing I needed. I then rested my botanist and got level 5 Mastery and level 10 Reflex and... it's not as good. It's a lot more TP and I didn't even notice a difference in healing. I think I'mma rest that brownie again if I swap her for my current shaman.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
5 months ago#9
2Zak posted...
Yes it is. I used to have it at level 5 with level 10 Herb mastery and it was pretty much all the healing I needed. I then rested my botanist and got level 5 Mastery and level 10 Reflex and... it's not as good. It's a lot more TP and I didn't even notice a difference in healing. I think I'mma rest that brownie again if I swap her for my current shaman.

It's exceptionally useful on the 6th stratum, where enemies can easily kill most of your units before you even get the opportunity to heal.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: 2Zak

2Zak
5 months ago#10
Yeah, that's where I was using lvl 10 Reflex, but it made her chug TP like there's no tomorrow. In the end I changed my party to something with more damage (as in: able to one-shot some of the enemies) with a Shaman and I'm having no problem since.

Except for blindside attacks when gathering. But Reflex wouldn't do much in that regard anyways.

JFC, I'd kill whoever thought blindsides while gathering was a good idea.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Reflex Herb is absurdly good

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived