What's the optimal post-game way to level up and accumulating moolah?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. What's the optimal post-game way to level up and accumulating moolah?

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
3 months ago#1
Fighting over and over the three secret bosses?
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: Chris_Lv255

Chris_Lv255
3 months ago#2
Farm Mounting Horrors on the 6th stratum. Exploit their endless cloning and fast-kill conditionals for sweet experience and loot.
Pokemon Diamond: 4424 8048 1193 - Trainer Name: Chris
G-Stone and Core Drill, set! SPIRAL FUUUUSION!

User Info: scarybyte

scarybyte
3 months ago#3
Sadly the DLC may be your best best. Grinding back up to 99 after retirement was pretty boring this time around.
When penguins have sex, the female lies on her belly and the male climbs on top with his feet and puts his rump around her rump. It's called the cloacal kiss.

Salocool
3 months ago#4
scarybyte posted...
Sadly the DLC may be your best best. Grinding back up to 99 after retirement was pretty boring this time around.

I'll just ditch the game, no way I'm paying money to avoid being bored. It's such a dick move to misbalance the design to entice people into buying your overpriced DLC crap.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: Enfinete

Enfinete
3 months ago#5
Try Picnic Mounting Horror with insta-kill.
"The Story will become Legend...." - From Riviera: The Promised Land

User Info: Meta289

Meta289
3 months ago#6
Same as in previous games: Just fight postgame bosses and 6th Stratum FOEs and enemies over and over. If you want to expedite it, scan in other people's characters and use them in your party. They won't receive any experience, so all of it will go to your own character.
https://i.imgur.com/fw1QFvY.png - Tea time, f***ers.
Turkey Clasp: Made from a wary bird's tail feathers to understand the struggles of turkeydom.

User Info: Blademaster_Aio

Blademaster_Aio
3 months ago#7
Murder mounting horror normally.

I just chain killed it to death. Many times, two / three turn kill.

I've frigid reaped it to death, my overexerted omnimancer magic-ed it to death using his phys spells and level 10 multi strike quick chant.

Mounting horrors are so easy to kill and they clone.

Insta deathing them works, but other stuff is also lots of fun.

...don't fight the gel. Yellow blobs are evil, and either you leg bind and murder it fast because any battle of attrition will end with your loss. It can heal HP, damage your TP. It's evil.
Believe God is one, and believe in the hereafter.

User Info: andrewlkt

andrewlkt
3 months ago#8
What level are you to safely do the mounting horror spam? My issue is that if my pugilist misses head bind or rover misses blind, it can randomly wreck somebody. Otherwise, I can kill it fairly fast with prep artillery -> buster cannon.

Salocool
3 months ago#9
andrewlkt posted...
prep artillery -> buster cannon.

Prep Artillery can combine with Buster Cannon?

The description talks about an attack on the next turn, so I'm assuming Buster Cannon doesn't benefit from it, since it's launched one turn after being selected (thus not on the turn following P. Artillery.)

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
3 months ago#10
Salocool posted...
andrewlkt posted...
prep artillery -> buster cannon.

Prep Artillery can combine with Buster Cannon?

The description talks about an attack on the next turn, so I'm assuming Buster Cannon doesn't benefit from it, since it's launched one turn after being selected (thus not on the turn following P. Artillery.)

It definitely benefits from prep artillery.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. What's the optimal post-game way to level up and accumulating moolah?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived