Any other game similar to 4?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Any other game similar to 4?

User Info: jisn064

jisn064
6 months ago#11
_Sylainex_ posted...
It's considered easy because it was the first game that didn't require any sort of specific party comp to complete. All classes were viable.

This.

TC did you like EO4?
Sorry for my bad english ;D
F.C.: 0147-0383-6259 /-/ Nos Siej

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
6 months ago#12
That_Axe posted...
The first 3 games where plagued with poor balance that made the game needlessly hard like elemental shields for dragons and eo2 and 3's class balance issues.

I've only played 3DS EO games. How was Untold games compared to the originals? Are they more balanced? Easier?

The untolds are more balanced compared to the originals. And they fixed some of the OP broken skills like immunize, while adding many of the quality of life improvements from past games. So assuming you didn't abuse any broken skills in the originals, yes the untolds would be considered easier or just more convenient.

I'm not saying 4 is an easy game. But compared to the rest of the series, it is on the easier side of things.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007

User Info: _Sylainex_

_Sylainex_
6 months ago#13
That_Axe posted...
The first 3 games where plagued with poor balance that made the game needlessly hard like elemental shields for dragons and eo2 and 3's class balance issues.

I've only played 3DS EO games. How was Untold games compared to the originals? Are they more balanced? Easier?

Besides the grimore system being needlessly convoluted, they fixed a lot of the balance issues and despite elemental shields being needed for post game (or at least binds) they are a lot more forgiving with you at forming a usable party.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
6 months ago#14
_Sylainex_ posted...
the grimore system being needlessly convoluted,

That's putting it mildly! It must be said tho that EOU2 made the process far more enjoyable thanks to the trade feature.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
6 months ago#15
_Sylainex_ posted...
Besides the grimore system being needlessly convoluted, they fixed a lot of the balance issues and despite elemental shields being needed for post game (or at least binds) they are a lot more forgiving with you at forming a usable party.

You mean with grimoire combining? There's an npc at the bar that explains it very clearly. But yea the rng really sucked. However that was greatly improved in U2.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
6 months ago#16
ThatSageGuy posted...
You mean with grimoire combining? There's an npc at the bar that explains it very clearly. But yea the rng really sucked. However that was greatly improved in U2.

He probably meant that generating the grimoires in the first place was convoluted.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: ForrestKawaii

ForrestKawaii
6 months ago#17
Yes, I do love it. I started picking it up again recently, hopefully the Bug boss won't be as cheap as last time by keeing my medic in an infinite head bind.
Haruka is the best ninja girl.

User Info: _Sylainex_

_Sylainex_
6 months ago#18
ThatSageGuy posted...
_Sylainex_ posted...

I really didn't mind grimores in eou2 mostly because of trading but convoluted may have not been the right word. It's just the rng involved with actually generating one on top of getting one with the right rank was a little too much.

User Info: Enfinete

Enfinete
6 months ago#19
Salocool posted...
He probably meant that generating the grimoires in the first place was convoluted.

...you literally just equip a grimoire and the RNG generates it :/ Anyway, clarified to be RNG not convoluted so moot point.

_Sylainex_ posted...

I really didn't mind grimores in eou2 mostly because of trading but convoluted may have not been the right word. It's just the rng involved with actually generating one on top of getting one with the right rank was a little too much.

I honestly think the best way to approach grimoire in EOU (and to lesser extent, EO2U) is just accepting that it's RNG and use whatever you pick up and not design your core strategy around grimoire that you don't have yet. I think people stressed out too much because they were used to subclassing and grimoire isn't in its mechanic or design a replacement of subclassing outside of the fact that you can access skills that are not of your own tree. Most people who complain about Grimoire are annoyed because they used to be able to grab this skill or that skill from a single class that they wanted via subclass, while with Grimoire you have to go through some RNG (major in EOU, quite minor in EO2U if you consider QR trading).

And no, you don't really NEED grimoire for anything in EOU and pretty much anything in EO2U barring the very last boss (and I only say it because I've never done Ur-Child or Ur-Devil with 0 grimoire; I've done the other bosses with 0 grimoire) if you planned your party accordingly.

...and that's another thing. Subclass allowed people to patch up their mistakes/bad synergy via subclassing. While resting or - in case of EO2U, Alter-classing - can fix that just as well, I guess people don't like losing levels. And to be fair, if you have to rest at every boss, you will end up being underleveled (I argue that a player that has to do that needs to learn more about the game's synergy).
"The Story will become Legend...." - From Riviera: The Promised Land
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Any other game similar to 4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived