When you feel like playing Overwatch for a while...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. When you feel like playing Overwatch for a while...

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
4 weeks ago#1
...and get sick of it in 20 minutes because you keep getting teamed up with idiots against good players.

Nothing like getting sniped every time you walk back to the team because they're obviously picking off healers first and no-one's doing anything about that one Widow sat in the same place the whole damn game, eh?
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: CopShowGuy

CopShowGuy
4 weeks ago#2
....yep.
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~

User Info: Krazoa2

Krazoa2
4 weeks ago#3
I'm wondering if they changed the comp matchmaking formula a little bit from past seasons. This one I lost 7-8 matches in a row, losing about 200 SR, constantly getting matched up with idiot teammates against pro Genjis and Widows. No logical MMR system would ever pair someone who can proficiently play a good Genji or Widow against Moiras and Anas that you have to constantly spam "I need healing" at and run in front of to ever get healed by them on accident.

At the same time, if the formula is the same then I still wouldn't be surprised because it's always been a piece of s****y ass.
Kraz is now my favorite person on GFaqs, since literally everyone else I've seen lacks the ability to be hilarious without sounding absolutely moronic. -poe376

Dragon Nexus
4 weeks ago#4
Someone the other day complained at the way I play Moira, telling me I have a damage ball too and I should use it.

That was a new one on me. Silly me wasting all my time and energy trying to keep our tank alive when I should have been going for kills!

User Info: spongemonkey26

spongemonkey26
4 weeks ago#5
I've decided you really have to group with friends to get any sort of enjoyable comp experience. Solo queue does nothing but induce rage. There are so many terrible players out there.
PS-id: Kilo_in_NorCal

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
4 weeks ago#6
Did you really use the Widow example? Snipers are so f***ing overpowered no one can do anything about it nowadays.
SFJake Website - http://sfjake.byethost7.com

Dragon Nexus
4 weeks ago#7
jake-sf posted...
Did you really use the Widow example? Snipers are so f***ing overpowered no one can do anything about it nowadays.

If the Widow is literally sat on the same ledge the whole match and doesn't move, just picking off the same squishy targets every time and no-one decides to go Winston to harass her and get her to lay off the healers for a bit so we can help out...then yeah I have a problem.

Nothing against the Widow in question. They were playing amazingly - great accuracy, good positioning, kept us on lock down. I blame the team for not trying to counter pick at all.

This is what frustrates me. It's not fun being matched up at the other team's "You've lost too often in a row, here's a fodder team to win against to make you feel better." Doesn't feel good to be on the team that stomps others either. I'd rather lose a long match a few metres away from the finish because we were so evenly matched than stomp on the enemy or get stomped on in turn.

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
4 weeks ago#8
you aren't going to win every game. That's just a fact. And usually when you think you are dealing with idiots on your team the enemy team is also dealing with their own set of idiots.
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: Whammychip

Whammychip
4 weeks ago#9
I myself am staying out of Comp after my placements are done until Blizzard finally does something about this irritating Briganzo meta. Just like the much-reviled triple/quad-tank meta, it's just two teams plodding towards each other hiding behind barriers, nobody taking any kind of initiative or risk, and nothing ever f***ing dying. The only difference between multi-tank and Briganzo is that, in the former, team fight victory was typically determined by which team broke the other's Rein shield first, whereas in the latter, it boils down to which Brig can plod in and stun the enemy Rein first. It's still just as slow, just as oppressive, and just as mind-numbingly boring, though. Say what you want about dive, but at least it was fast-paced, interesting, and most important of all, fun.
So Jill Valentine planned a three-way with Chris and Barry, but called it off at the last minute.
Needless to say, she was almost a Jill sandwich.

User Info: Krazoa2

Krazoa2
4 weeks ago#10
jake-sf posted...

Then pick a sniper and sweep the game. Oh wait, you can't. QQ.

Whammychip posted...
I myself am staying out of Comp after my placements are done until Blizzard finally does something about this irritating Briganzo meta. Just like the much-reviled triple/quad-tank meta, it's just two teams plodding towards each other hiding behind barriers, nobody taking any kind of initiative or risk, and nothing ever f***ing dying. The only difference between multi-tank and Briganzo is that, in the former, team fight victory was typically determined by which team broke the other's Rein shield first, whereas in the latter, it boils down to which Brig can plod in and stun the enemy Rein first. It's still just as slow, just as oppressive, and just as mind-numbingly boring, though. Say what you want about dive, but at least it was fast-paced, interesting, and most important of all, fun.

Tf is Briganzo meta LOL. Yeah, way more people are picking Hanzo now, which annoys me when I want to play as him, but they still ****ing suck with him. How the f*** is that meta?
Kraz is now my favorite person on GFaqs, since literally everyone else I've seen lacks the ability to be hilarious without sounding absolutely moronic. -poe376
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. When you feel like playing Overwatch for a while...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived