• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. I love Overwatch, but no one wants to play it anymore

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
9 months ago#11
I have the same problem. I still really enjoy it, but my friends have moved on already. They are more used to hopping on the newest game rather sticking to games that are basically a platform rather than part of a series. I am on the other range of the spectrum. I have 2 main games that I will play for literally half a decade or longer.
I5 3570 | GTX 970 | Samsung 840 EVO x 3 | Corsair RM750 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 400c | AKG k550 | Realforce 87U | Logitech G Pro |

User Info: Guybrush_Three

Guybrush_Three
9 months ago#12
Who wudda thunk it get rid of the "toxic" players and all that's left is leavers and troll pickers.

Its kinda like everyone is a trash talker when they are alone in there room's playing.

User Info: Delta123456789

Delta123456789
9 months ago#13
Guybrush_Three posted...
Who wudda thunk it get rid of the "toxic" players and all that's left is leavers and troll pickers.

Its kinda like everyone is a trash talker when they are alone in there room's playing.

Dude, leavers and troll pickers are the most toxic of the bunch.

As for trash talk it isn't a good thing, it's obnoxious and more importantly it's unsporting. Good sportsmanship demands treating your teammates and opponents with respect, not calling them rubbish or rubbing your victory in the other guy's face when you win. You might enjoy trash talk with your friends if you're all on the same page but it's not the same when playing with strangers or in a professional setting.

I've heard some people argue that trash talk is a valid psychological tool to unsteady your opponent, but there's a risk too much of it will make the community look toxic and uninviting to newcomers, not to mention that if you really need to psyche out your enemies to win then you weren't that great to begin with.
If you're a success odds are darned good you got help, support and/or a few second chances along the way, so think long and hard before denying them to others.

Guybrush_Three
9 months ago#14
Delta123456789 posted...
Guybrush_Three posted...

Dude, leavers and troll pickers are the most toxic of the bunch.

As for trash talk it isn't a good thing, it's obnoxious and more importantly it's unsporting. Good sportsmanship demands treating your teammates and opponents with respect, not calling them rubbish or rubbing your victory in the other guy's face when you win. You might enjoy trash talk with your friends if you're all on the same page but it's not the same when playing with strangers or in a professional setting.

I've heard some people argue that trash talk is a valid psychological tool to unsteady your opponent, but there's a risk too much of it will make the community look toxic and uninviting to newcomers, not to mention that if you really need to psyche out your enemies to win then you weren't that great to begin with.

yeah all that or... you could punish trash talk and lose most of your player base in a year. guess which route blizzard took.

User Info: felica

felica
9 months ago#15
Until this game gets a role queue if you don't have dedicated friends to play with it's not worth playing.

I play around 2-3 times a week when i can get a full 6 man team and with that the game is still insanely fun. But solo queue is trash,. When i have no one to play with i just loadup fortnight. At least with that i dont have to depend on idiots.

Overwatch when played correctly is one of the best games ever made. OWL proves that. The thing is the game is rarely played how it was envisioned.
Patiently waiting for Dragonball FighterZ, Blazblue Tag Battle,God Of War, Kingdom Hearts 3
3DS FC-0447-9990-9059 TSV-2787 IGN-Evan

User Info: Squall28

Squall28
9 months ago#16
Guybrush_Three posted...

The toxic players already made a lot of the good player's quit.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill

User Info: Krazoa2

Krazoa2
9 months ago#17
felica posted...
Until this game gets a role queue if you don't have dedicated friends to play with it's not worth playing.

I find it disgusting that people want their freedoms taken away just because they read online it'd be a good idea. How would a role queue help anything if matches can be won with different combinations of different roles? You really didn't think this one out, did you?

Squall28 posted...

Like anyone who says "You need to switch this is a team game."
Kraz is now my favorite person on GFaqs, since literally everyone else I've seen lacks the ability to be hilarious without sounding absolutely moronic. -poe376

Guybrush_Three
9 months ago#18
Squall28 posted...
Guybrush_Three posted...

its a shame all the good players cant use the mute and block features but then again that's typical behavior these days.

User Info: sajt007

sajt007
9 months ago#19
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
I have the same problem. I still really enjoy it, but my friends have moved on already. They are more used to hopping on the newest game rather sticking to games that are basically a platform rather than part of a series. I am on the other range of the spectrum. I have 2 main games that I will play for literally half a decade or longer.

It's funny because I usually move on and my friends are the ones who play the same game. They have been playing heroes of the storm for 4-5 years and besides a brief stint with overwatch when it came out, that's all they play. I love Overwatch so much that I have played it longer than any other multiplayer game.

I think Blizzard should take a page from Rainbow Six Seige's book and just ban hateful people, or create another mode or the aforementioned clan system. All my friends have moved on and besides one who was a coach, none of them were very good and some would get tilted easily. My best win streaks are from solo queue or playing with my coaching friend.
the one and only crazysnake
GT: calcalcal PSN: crazysnake007

User Info: c0sa n0stra

c0sa n0stra
9 months ago#20
Guybrush_Three posted...

Yeah clearly they should just be able to tell people to kill themselves for underperforming in a goddamn videogame.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. I love Overwatch, but no one wants to play it anymore
  • Topic Archived