• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Moira is kinda in a weird situation

User Info: Illuminoius

Illuminoius
1 year ago#21
not really given how incredible of an ability the orb is

she's probably gonna be a top support next patch simply that she's essentially a better ana in dive since her heals can't be interrupted and she has far more mobility

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 year ago#22
FoxyAreku posted...
CopShowGuy posted...
Squall28 posted...
whirow posted...
Not sure if you guys realise her right click drains health for herself.
And she can heal more than Ana and through shields at 15m range plus it's AOE to her front.

What is her hps?

200HP. All health. No armor/shields.

That's not what HPS means.

How can you tell? When someone just puts "hps," how do you know they mean healing/sec and not HPs (plural)? I've absolutely seen people use it both ways, so Squall should probably have been a bit more clear. I thought he was talking about her HP as well - it was totally appropriate even given the context of the post being replied to - it mentioned she heals herself back too.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: MwarriorHiei

MwarriorHiei
1 year ago#23
KillerTruffle posted...
FoxyAreku posted...
CopShowGuy posted...
Squall28 posted...
whirow posted...
Not sure if you guys realise her right click drains health for herself.
And she can heal more than Ana and through shields at 15m range plus it's AOE to her front.

What is her hps?

200HP. All health. No armor/shields.

That's not what HPS means.

How can you tell? When someone just puts "hps," how do you know they mean healing/sec and not HPs (plural)? I've absolutely seen people use it both ways, so Squall should probably have been a bit more clear. I thought he was talking about her HP as well - it was totally appropriate even given the context of the post being replied to - it mentioned she heals herself back too.

because it follows the same convention as dps. and people say hp when talking about health; they dont make it plural.

and no you havent seen anyone say hps for health points because literally no one says that.
http://i.imgtc.com/gkielsd.jpg

KillerTruffle
1 year ago#24
MwarriorHiei posted...
and no you havent seen anyone say hps for health points because literally no one says that.

I find it interesting that you are somehow omniscient enough to know that I have never seen anyone say things I have heard people say - multiple times.

Protip: Just because it's non-standard doesn't mean it "never" happens.

Protip 2: Your own personal experience is not the script by which the world is run. You may have never heard anyone say it, but that in no way means that nobody ever says it that way. It's more common than you apparently think. Note that more than one person just in this thread have seen it that way. Out of what I roughly count as 14 people in this topic, you have at least two who've seen people say "HPs" - plural. More than 1 in 10 - not an insignificant number.

User Info: CopShowGuy

CopShowGuy
1 year ago#25
This is why I don't like acronyms...
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~

KillerTruffle
1 year ago#26
CopShowGuy posted...
This is why I don't like acronyms...

Hear hear. Acronyms are way too overused on this site in particular.

User Info: OmfgWtfZergd

OmfgWtfZergd
1 year ago#27
Zinie95 posted...
whirow posted...
I have this feeling everyone else might mistake her healing orb as a source of infinite healing as long as they are in a cluster...
It caps at 300hp

That's...terrible.

On the contrary, I have yet to be out healed by another healer when I focus healing. She takes more planning than most supports are customary to. Her spray heal does more than enough HP/s to keep people alive (so long as your positioning skills are okay) and you just drain the enemies while you toss out a heal orb. If I solo heal as Moira, I rarely throw a damage orb. The different in ult gain between healing and damage is so crazy that it makes throw the damage orb only useful when you are trying to help push in.
You run faster with a knife. Psh, everyone knows that. - FPS Doug

User Info: Squall28

Squall28
1 year ago#28
HPS is the standard abbreviation for heals per second much like dps is the standard abbreviation for damage per second. No one says dp/s.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill

User Info: JPKilla

JPKilla
1 year ago#29
The difference being:

Damage Per Second
Healing Per Second
Hit Points / Second

It's all stupid and people should just stop using acronyms, but *shrug*.
There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.

User Info: CopShowGuy

CopShowGuy
1 year ago#30
I'm starting the Coalition for the Removal of Acronyms on this site. CRA, for short.
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Moira is kinda in a weird situation
  • Topic Archived