At this point I rather have a Mercy

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. At this point I rather have a Mercy

User Info: D035NTMATT3R

D035NTMATT3R
10 months ago#1
Consistent healing, heals through shields, res, self repair. No wonder she is picked so much; Ana can't heal this consistently, neither through barriers.
- 12 MB of Ram - 500 MB harddrive - Built in spread-sheet capabilities - A modem that transmits at over 28,000 BPS

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
10 months ago#2
Ana has less of a bullseye on her because her hip fire shoots darts without tracing, which can be handy for healing longer without drawing attention specifically to herself. The utility of biotic grenade and tranquilizing is amazing when you get a good feel for them too. Just trade-offs, is all.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

D035NTMATT3R
10 months ago#3
My season 5 experience is: the team with a Mercy wins; if both have Mercy, then the one that survives longer wins.
- 12 MB of Ram - 500 MB harddrive - Built in spread-sheet capabilities - A modem that transmits at over 28,000 BPS

User Info: sajt007

sajt007
10 months ago#4
I think Ana is the better character but you need someone really skilled with her. A mediocre or bad Ana is almost like not even having a healer.
the one and only crazysnake
GT: calcalcal PSN: crazysnake007

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
10 months ago#5
Ana has better potential but at lower ranks is just another sniper on a team which will already have 2.

D035NTMATT3R
10 months ago#6
sajt007 posted...
I think Ana is the better character but you need someone really skilled with her. A mediocre or bad Ana is almost like not even having a healer.

johnny_pay posted...
Ana has better potential but at lower ranks is just another sniper on a team which will already have 2.

Winston and DVa jumps on someone, Ana literally can't do anything, the barrier will block all incoming healing, matrix will probably eat the nade.

User Info: Delta123456789

Delta123456789
10 months ago#7
D035NTMATT3R posted...
Winston and DVa jumps on someone, Ana literally can't do anything, the barrier will block all incoming healing, matrix will probably eat the nade.

Unless the ally has the sense to get on Ana's side of the barrier, and if DVa's using defence matrix she's not dealing damage. Not saying barriers aren't going to reduce Ana's effectiveness a bit, but I don't think they're as big an issue as you make out.

She might not gel as well in a dive comp what with her lack of mobility and difficulty healing mobile allies, but her kit still has plenty of utility.
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.

User Info: FvP

FvP
10 months ago#8
Season 5 is more accurately described as which dive comp can kill both supports first.
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
#FreeCMC PBWSB PDPSB /pdpsb/ PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo

User Info: Whammychip

Whammychip
10 months ago#9
Ana, for me, seems highly reliant on your team comp. If you're running a tank-reliant comp, she's your go-to since she can heal them much more consistently (i.e. she doesn't need to be at such a close range), plus you can't go wrong with Nanoing most tanks. If you're running a squishy-heavy comp, though, Ana's usefulness drops off quickly since smaller targets are tougher to land shots on and they don't benefit from burst healing as much as a tank does. In those situations, Mercy is almost always the better pick.
So Jill Valentine planned a three-way with Chris and Barry, but called it off at the last minute.
Needless to say, she was almost a Jill sandwich.

User Info: albinorhino004

albinorhino004
10 months ago#10
My season 5 experience? The team with the competent Sombra will always win

The team that runs 3/2/1 effeciently will always win

Etc
drinking is very bad
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. At this point I rather have a Mercy

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived