Blizzard....your ploy worked.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Blizzard....your ploy worked.

User Info: arucard199

arucard199
9 months ago#11
evilpresident posted...
Z_Buster posted...
Game needs to have its old maps back. Half the HOTS maps have been removed for this promotion.

Is that why I got the Hanamura and Ravenlord map like five times each?

Yea. There's like 13 maps now or something but they're limiting the map queue to six maps right now.

They said it's because:

A. They want Hanamura being played a lot since it's new and they want it playtested by the community for feedback

B. They didn't want the large influx of new players coming in with the 2.0 update and nexus challenge to be overwhelmed learning so many maps.

Personally I feel it's just awful and could've been handled differently. Both of those issues could've been solved without limiting the map pool for everybody.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
9 months ago#12
I've noticed they don't tend to permanently pull maps, but they only keep 5 or so different maps in rotation at any given time, and cycle through them over time, pulling one while bringing another one back.

I do kind of wish they'd just leave all the maps in rotation and let them come up as they do. I'm not sure I understand why they limit the rotation so much.

I personally would actually love the option to manually exclude certain maps - there are maps I just don't enjoy playing at all.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: evilpresident

evilpresident
9 months ago#13
arucard199 posted...
evilpresident posted...
Z_Buster posted...
Game needs to have its old maps back. Half the HOTS maps have been removed for this promotion.

Yea. There's like 13 maps now or something but they're limiting the map queue to six maps right now.

They said it's because:

A. They want Hanamura being played a lot since it's new and they want it playtested by the community for feedback

B. They didn't want the large influx of new players coming in with the 2.0 update and nexus challenge to be overwhelmed learning so many maps.

Personally I feel it's just awful and could've been handled differently. Both of those issues could've been solved without limiting the map pool for everybody.

That's lame. I mean, I get why they did that but I had the Raven lord map 4 times in a row. By then I was getting almost desperate for a different map, just to shake things up a bit.
Nothing to report here

User Info: fayeeeeee

fayeeeeee
9 months ago#14
evilpresident posted...
arucard199 posted...
evilpresident posted...
Z_Buster posted...

They said it's because:

That's lame. I mean, I get why they did that but I had the Raven lord map 4 times in a row. By then I was getting almost desperate for a different map, just to shake things up a bit.

Holy s*** yes.

Whoever the f*** at blizzard decided we'd only have 4 maps in rotations is just borderline trolling at this point.

Hanamura once or twice is fine, but forcing me to play it 5 times in a row is bulls***, it's also one of the less entertaining maps they have.

Like, bring back the old maps, how is this fun

User Info: digitalwill2000

digitalwill2000
9 months ago#15
*OP puts on a smug face trying to disguise their lisp* "Heh, well played Blizzard, truly an original and witty 'ploy' *wheeze, stuffs mouth with doritos*, no one has ever done such a devious 'ploy' before *belch*, certainly not Blizzard, with HotS, for Overwatch cosmetics, specifically the Genji cosmetics...nuh-uh never has that been done before."
Bart-Mangled Banner is the greatest Simpsons episode. It is great for the exact same reason american audiences hate it: because it captures them so accurately.

User Info: c0sa n0stra

c0sa n0stra
9 months ago#16
Hanamura is the worst map by far.

User Info: VideoboysaysCube

VideoboysaysCube
9 months ago#17
This ended up being the first MOBA I played. Didn't care for it. The fact that you eventually have to wait a minute plus to respawn especially kills it for me.
This sentence has five words. This sentence has eight words. Only one sentence in this signature is true.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Blizzard....your ploy worked.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived