• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Sombra change proposal.

User Info: Somnium

Somnium
1 year ago#1
What if they make it where Sombra can only see hacked targets, so he has focused tunnel vision on the hacked target.

As in when Sombra hacks a target, that target can only see and hear Sombra, and their sight and hearing of Sombra is manifested by x10. Simultaneously Sombra can now only see and hear the hacked target as well, and the sight and sound of the target is magnified by x10.This would then force the Sombra and the hacked target of Sombra to see and hear only each other.

This change could push Sombra into her own niche category and increase her viability.
You live and lose who you are, or die with your convictions.

User Info: slayer921

slayer921
1 year ago#2
Then your headphones would have to be at 1% if you don't want to blast your eardrums
IGN: Tzuyu

Somnium
1 year ago#3
Let's say they find a way for the magnified hearing to work without damaging your eardrums

User Info: Instaslam

Instaslam
1 year ago#4
Making the effect affect Sombra would just cause her to be killed by nearby enemy teammates.

You'd essentially make her into a headless chicken behind enemy lines every time she hacks.
MH I.D.: Albireo; 3DS: 0430-8421-0489
The Official Payload of the Overwatch Board which basically means nobody wants to come near me.

Somnium
1 year ago#5
Well what I meant was that only the hacked target could see and hear sombra, and none its' team mates could. To balance it the hacked target also gains vision and hearing only of sombra, no one else.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 year ago#6
What the bloody heck? How is that balanced in the slightest?

First, if Sombra can only see hacked targets, how can she find a target to hack initially in the first place? She won't be able to see anyone at all.

Second, let's say somehow that problem is mitigated and you end up with Sombra and the one other hero facing off 1v1 without being able to see anyone else, Sombra's allies can still see her target, but the target can't see them, so how exactly is that balanced?

Additionally, Sombra is VERY poorly suited for 1v1 combat. She does OK damage, but she is not designed at all to be a DPS character. She's a flanking disruptor. Most of the heroes she'd end up facing would easily kill her before she got them, *especially* if they lost sight of everyone but her.

Not trying to be mean, but this is honestly one of the worst ideas I've ever seen for Sombra - I see absolutely no way a kit like this would be smart or effective in the slightest, for a whole lot of reasons.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

Somnium
1 year ago#7
What I meant was that Sombra has normal view and hearing when nothing is hacked, however once she hacks a target she becomes invisible to all other enemies except the hacked target which now has true vision of her (can see her through all walls). Simultaneously the Hacked target while hacked loses vision/hearing of all other enemies except for sombra, however the hacked target becomes invisible.

Hacked targets are only able to hear faint whisperings of Sombra all around them, and randomly the player's screen has momentary flashes of Sombra screaming. The longer the target is hacked the more serious the hallucinatory like effects become, to the point where eventually the target believes they are not hacked and are in fact viewing a complete visual/auditory hallucination.

User Info: BDSMKane

BDSMKane
1 year ago#8
To be blunt, I wanted to ask if you were high when you thought of this. No pun intended. It sounds interesting but completely outside the realm of reasonable play. Many of the other suggestions would be plenty, such as the time going in/out of stealth being reduced or bonus damage to hacked targets. Even reduced damage from hacked targets or perhaps no restoration during hack would be good. This just seems like it would be awkward and pointless, albeit unique and intriguing.

Edit: Along your train of thought though, visual or audible effects on hacked targets wouldn't be too bad of an idea. Maybe distorted view, pixelation, the hacker skulls across the screen, something audible. I mean, what you're talking about sounds more like a comic or movie than a FPS game, but I see what you're saying. Just a thought on how it could be implemented into game play.
"We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye."

Somnium
1 year ago#9
May I share with you a few other ideas in regards to changes I have?

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 year ago#10
Somnium posted...
May I share with you a few other ideas in regards to changes I have?

It's your topic...
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Sombra change proposal.
  • Topic Archived