• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. What the f***....

User Info: Delta123456789

Delta123456789
1 year ago#11
prettyprincess posted...
AAngelMichael posted...
infringing on creative freedom

this didn't happen

Making every character a straight white dude/gal isn't exactly creative.
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.

User Info: HeightOfHubris

HeightOfHubris
1 year ago#12
AAngelMichael posted...
HeightOfHubris posted...
AAngelMichael posted...
HeightOfHubris posted...
AAngelMichael posted...
Welcome to the SJW world.

Mm. A world where people just happen to be gay, instead of what's expected based on their appearance.

Stereotypes exist for a reason whether you like them or not. They clearly chose an attractive female over a male because it will appeal more to their demographic and they chose the mascot of the series because LBGT crap is trendy right now and SJWs are pushing for every form of media to represent everyone just for the sake of diversity, infringing on creative freedom. That's it. Really, it's just marketing tactics.

It's was one panel in a cartoon, no SJW army put a gun to any creative director's head and demanded them to do it. If Blizzard didn't want it to happen then it wouldn't have happened.

'Stereotypes exist for a reason'? Bloody hell dude.

That's a bit overdramatic, I know it isn't that extreme. But, Blizzard does listen to their community and SJWs are very vocal, especially in the gaming community. Why would they not appease their fanbase? And they only know what they hear, so, the loudest group will be heard the most.

And yes, stereotypes exist for a reason and they're not inherently bad. If the majority of a group behave a certain way or have a similar appearance, why wouldn't you strive for accurate representation so they can identify with the character? As long as it's not done in some offensive, caricature manner? Why is that wrong?

Well then.. blizzard's responds to their vocal fanbase. That's that I suppose. Do you think if people rallied just as hard against having a gay character, they wouldn't have bothered? I mean, there's really not any argument if it's as cut and dry as the consumer putting in suggestions for lore content.

And no, stereotypes shouldn't be a thing that we strive for because people are individuals, not a statistic in a categorical folder. As long as stereotypes exist there will be bad stereotypes anyway.

User Info: Wyrmwarrior5

Wyrmwarrior5
1 year ago#13
LGBT person: *exists*
weird dudes online: what the f*** is this #SJW bulls*** how dare a character not be made entirely for me and nobody else

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7hS08XsI6Vg
cool girl with good posts
http://i.imgur.com/mH7a7cv.jpg

User Info: Kiyosuki_Mk2

Kiyosuki_Mk2
1 year ago#14
AAngelMichael posted...
HeightOfHubris posted...
AAngelMichael posted...

Mm. A world where people just happen to be gay, instead of what's expected based on their appearance.

Stereotypes exist for a reason whether you like them or not. They clearly chose an attractive female over a male because it will appeal more to their demographic and they chose the mascot of the series because LBGT crap is trendy right now and SJWs are pushing for every form of media to represent everyone just for the sake of diversity, infringing on creative freedom. That's it. Really, it's just marketing tactics.

Didn't you like, say this exact same post to me in another thread? Do you have it on copy paste?

User Info: Wyrmwarrior5

Wyrmwarrior5
1 year ago#15
also lmao @ "infringing on creative freedom" as if YOU arent the one telling people how to design their characters in their games
cool girl with good posts
http://i.imgur.com/mH7a7cv.jpg

User Info: gatorattack05

gatorattack05
1 year ago#16
AAngelMichael posted...
HeightOfHubris posted...
AAngelMichael posted...
HeightOfHubris posted...
AAngelMichael posted...

It's was one panel in a cartoon, no SJW army put a gun to any creative director's head and demanded them to do it. If Blizzard didn't want it to happen then it wouldn't have happened.

'Stereotypes exist for a reason'? Bloody hell dude.

That's a bit overdramatic, I know it isn't that extreme. But, Blizzard does listen to their community and SJWs are very vocal, especially in the gaming community. Why would they not appease their fanbase? And they only know what they hear, so, the loudest group will be heard the most.

And yes, stereotypes exist for a reason and they're not inherently bad. If the majority of a group behave a certain way or have a similar appearance, why wouldn't you strive for accurate representation so they can identify with the character? As long as it's not done in some offensive, caricature manner? Why is that wrong?

What?!

I have quite a few gay friends, and a FRACTION of them are the stereotype you see every day.

Why is it hard to accept that people from all walks of life and personality are gay? Does that make you uncomfortable? Does it scare you that "normal people" can be gay?
(message deleted)

User Info: HeightOfHubris

HeightOfHubris
1 year ago#18
AAngelMichael posted...

Getting a bit defensive, aren't we? Yes, I'm sure your fraction of a few friends is a great sample group.

Also, there's nothing normal about it, hth.

Well, there are a lot more of them out there than you think. They just keep it a secret because of people like yourself.

User Info: Bluntlicious

Bluntlicious
1 year ago#19
Someone needs a safe space with no gays allowed. I hear North Korea or Saudi Arabia agree with this mindset
MNWKA

User Info: NicoGrimm

NicoGrimm
1 year ago#20
Right? Like it's the safest, most obvious choice. It does absolutely nothing. The only slightly safer choice would be Zarya.

Should've been Mercy and Pharah.
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. What the f***....
  • Topic Archived