So if Tracer is gay, then Zarya...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. So if Tracer is gay, then Zarya...

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
1 year ago#11
So Tracer like other effeminite boys?
http://i.imgur.com/mYFkgcb.gifv

User Info: Kiyosuki_Mk2

Kiyosuki_Mk2
1 year ago#12
Honestly, I kind of want them to make Zarya canonically straight. People assuming she has to be a lesbian because she's a muscular woman is shallowness that's sort of just begging to be smothered.

I mean, if she too were LGBT I wouldn't complain, but I'm always for blasting expectations like that.
(message deleted)

User Info: Kiyosuki_Mk2

Kiyosuki_Mk2
1 year ago#14
Stereotypes do exist, but they can be and often are over indulged in.

She's not "definitely" anything unless they outright say it.

I mean whatever they decide is up to them (or just not touch it at all), but I do think there's a certain value in reminding people that while stereotypes do exist, sometimes we need to be reminded that they are essentially not the greatest or smartest thing to do.

Plus it's not like there's any shortage of stereotypes within LGBT anything worth challenging.

User Info: AAngelMichael

AAngelMichael
1 year ago#15
Kiyosuki_Mk2 posted...
Stereotypes do exist, but they can be and often are over indulged in.

She's not "definitely" anything unless they outright say it.

I mean whatever they decide is up to them (or just not touch it at all), but I do think there's a certain value in reminding people that while stereotypes do exist, sometimes we need to be reminded that they are essentially not the greatest or smartest thing to do.

Plus it's not like there's any shortage of stereotypes within LGBT anything worth challenging.

Stereotypes are not inherently bad and it makes more sense to adhere to them for the sake of appealing to the majority with accurate representation. It really comes down to whether or not it's done in an offensive manner. Even if Zarya is a stereotype, is that bad? She's arguably the best tank in the game right now. They put a lot of work into her appearance and skins. I think the people that do fall into that stereotype would be happy to identify with her rather than be offended by it. Personally, I love it when I find a character that I can identify with based on personality/appearance.
"Way past cool!" - Sonic the Hedgehog

User Info: helldew

helldew
1 year ago#16
i hope Zarha isnt just because that would be kinda lame to play to the sterotype
Competitive smash Player , random gaming news, + game dev stuff. Follow me on twitter @helldew93 #shamelessselfpromotion

User Info: SwordsmanOrion

SwordsmanOrion
1 year ago#17
Zarya can't be a lesbian because she's obviously in a relationship with Heavy Weapons Guy.
"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare."

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
1 year ago#18
SwordsmanOrion posted...
Zarya can't be a lesbian because she's obviously in a relationship with Heavy Weapons Guy.

that would actually be pretty sweet
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: grand_commander

grand_commander
1 year ago#19
Hagan posted...
SwordsmanOrion posted...

that would actually be pretty sweet

"Oh Heavy, I do so adore you. Please, can you do for me one thing?"

"And what is that my darling?"

"Please never speak."

User Info: SneakyHeather

SneakyHeather
1 year ago#20
Tbh, I kind of want to see Zarya turn out to be gay just to see how Russia (which has an infamously homophobic government) reacts to their in-game representative being gay. A lesbian myself though, I can confirm that butch lesbian's are somewhat common, though they don't make up the majority of us, and I myself am not a fan. Not all butch girls are lesbian though, as I know several butch straight girls.
This is my main account.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. So if Tracer is gay, then Zarya...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived