Winston needs a buff - I have an idea

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Winston needs a buff - I have an idea

User Info: RealColeTrain

RealColeTrain
1 year ago#1
When you're shocking someone with RT and you leap the game should keep you locked onto them. Also he needs more ammo in his "clip" enough to kill a tracer that is.
XBL GT: Real Cole Train 3DS: 3523 2567 7225 Try Hard II: Try Harder. When I'm Russian for angst, there's no time for Stalin

User Info: thehikikomori

thehikikomori
1 year ago#2
Keeping locked on the target...seems too strong. I wouldn't mind if he had more ammo in his clip though. That or slightly increase the damage. TBH, when I play Winston I don't really go for trying to get a lot of elims, I just use him to harass the opponents...especially focusing on healers and snipers.

RealColeTrain
1 year ago#3
thehikikomori posted...
Keeping locked on the target...seems too strong. I wouldn't mind if he had more ammo in his clip though. That or slightly increase the damage. TBH, when I play Winston I don't really go for trying to get a lot of elims, I just use him to harass the opponents...especially focusing on healers and snipers.

Ok what about infinite ammo like DVA then?
XBL GT: Real Cole Train 3DS: 3523 2567 7225 Try Hard II: Try Harder. When I'm Russian for angst, there's no time for Stalin

User Info: Wynvkius

Wynvkius
1 year ago#4
He has more than enough to kill Tracer in a clip. He can kill Lucio that's on healing in one clip. If you think Winston's damage is too weak you're playing him incorrectly.
3DS FC: 3909-8685-3600

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
1 year ago#5
How about more HP in his normal form and less in his ultra form? I feel like he just gets rekt too fast and he doesn't have a self heal like roadhog or a reliable barrier.

Besides, he's a giant gorilla wearing power armor and yet he has far less HP then an obsese, totally unshielded man who likes to huff paint?

RealColeTrain
1 year ago#6
Wynvkius posted...
He has more than enough to kill Tracer in a clip. He can kill Lucio that's on healing in one clip. If you think Winston's damage is too weak you're playing him incorrectly.

I know he can if they were to stand still but if they backpedal or speedboost away or blink or recall its nigh impossible lol

User Info: skullbone

skullbone
1 year ago#7
Winston should have a slight pull on his electricity so that when he jumps he can carry half of the enemy team into the air with him.
skull

User Info: Kiyosuki_Mk2

Kiyosuki_Mk2
1 year ago#8
All I would change is the HP of his barrier. Honestly I think the character's fine, his current value is due to the fact the meta is very tank-centric right now so he's more niche but after watching some of the play he got in the championships recently, I really think he's fine.

The HP barrier being harder to destroy would make his dives a lot more threatening, but making his actual damage higher would be too much imo.

User Info: skullbone

skullbone
1 year ago#9
What if he could recharge his barrier by using his electricity gun from inside of it? So you keep the health the same but if he stays in the barrier using his gun you need to go inside and kill him.
skull

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
1 year ago#10
The only buff he could use is either cooldown reduction for leap, cooldown reduction for bubble, or durability increase for bubble.

Anything with his weapon begins playing with his intended role of "the giant ape-man that jumps in specifically to draw fire so the rest of his team can do the killing...also: he exists to be a pain in the ass to snipers."

He's meant to chase people around and just be a giant dick. Giving him actual reliable killing power would make him unbalanced.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Winston needs a buff - I have an idea

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived