• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. The Last Bastion

User Info: NekoLime

NekoLime
4 years ago#1
The next animated short will be about Bastion. August 18. (@gamescom 2016)

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20236535

So maybe August 25 for youtube?

User Info: deadANDrotted

deadANDrotted
4 years ago#2
So they will finally reveal that it's actually the bird is named Bastion. It whispers things to the poor omnic. An omnic that only knows to take orders. It does as it's told and does not know any better. He was fresh off the assembly line ready to make a new and better world. It had not yet received it's full programming. It's AI not on par with the likes of Zenyatta. A child if you will.

After the war it was left alone. Nobody to complete his AI installation. It could only do as it was told and do as it's told. A bird found the onic and took pitty upon it. He would teach this robot in return he would have protection from a harsh world. A world that cared only about it's own war and cost the lives of millions of animals. Helpless animals caught in the cross fire and burning remains of battle.

With these thoughts the birds mind grew twisted. He took on the name Bastion so the omnic would know what to call it's master. It heard of Overwatch being called back into battle and knew that he must end it. HE must rise up and get revenge for his fallen animal friends. Now he has the means to do it. This lonely omnic that has befriended him. Bastion told his story to the omnic and was pleased to find the robot was willing to aid his cause.

Now they have joined the battle. Not with Overwatch or even Tallon. Only their own means keep them fighting. Bastion sits in safety of the omnic. Giving the orders, showing it the enemy, and whispering...

"Kill, kill them all."
Overwatch Battletag- deadNrotted#1816

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
4 years ago#3
This one's going to be real sad, I just know it.

User Info: BonezWell

BonezWell
4 years ago#4
deadANDrotted posted...
So they will finally reveal that it's actually the bird is named Bastion. It whispers things to the poor omnic. An omnic that only knows to take orders. It does as it's told and does not know any better. He was fresh off the assembly line ready to make a new and better world. It had not yet received it's full programming. It's AI not on par with the likes of Zenyatta. A child if you will.

After the war it was left alone. Nobody to complete his AI installation. It could only do as it was told and do as it's told. A bird found the onic and took pitty upon it. He would teach this robot in return he would have protection from a harsh world. A world that cared only about it's own war and cost the lives of millions of animals. Helpless animals caught in the cross fire and burning remains of battle.

With these thoughts the birds mind grew twisted. He took on the name Bastion so the omnic would know what to call it's master. It heard of Overwatch being called back into battle and knew that he must end it. HE must rise up and get revenge for his fallen animal friends. Now he has the means to do it. This lonely omnic that has befriended him. Bastion told his story to the omnic and was pleased to find the robot was willing to aid his cause.

Now they have joined the battle. Not with Overwatch or even Tallon. Only their own means keep them fighting. Bastion sits in safety of the omnic. Giving the orders, showing it the enemy, and whispering...

"Kill, kill them all."

Damn dude, applause to you. That was an amazing read, lol.
Looking for a new signature, BRB!

User Info: FalconPunch100

FalconPunch100
4 years ago#5
Ganymede is cute lel
Fates My Castle: 09176-70274-69135-39284
Songstress is overrated.

User Info: jwrebholz

jwrebholz
4 years ago#6
I'm a bit split on this one. I want to see it, but I'm not sure how I want it to go.

A part of me is hoping that there's no speaking at all, set up something like WALL-E.

Another part of me hopes that it's done like a nature documentary, complete with a Sir David Attenborough/Morgan Freeman voiceover, because it would be hilarious.

Or even better, narrated by Bastion him/her/itself--and untranslated. So just beeps and boops. That'd be even funnier. (Or it IS translated, and it turns out that, like R2D2, Bastion is the filthiest, saltiest motherf***er on the planet and they had to bleep out all his speech)
BLOOD..FIRE..NOISE..AND METAL!!

User Info: deadANDrotted

deadANDrotted
4 years ago#7
BonezWell posted...
deadANDrotted posted...

"Kill, kill them all."

This is what goes through my head during the slow times at work. They are also the thoughts that kept me out of the good schools lol.
Overwatch Battletag- deadNrotted#1816

User Info: FalconPunch100

FalconPunch100
4 years ago#8
6 days left bois
Fates My Castle: 09176-70274-69135-39284
Songstress is overrated.

User Info: inferno_Lan

inferno_Lan
4 years ago#9
deadANDrotted posted...
BonezWell posted...
deadANDrotted posted...

"Kill, kill them all."

This is what goes through my head during the slow times at work. They are also the thoughts that kept me out of the good schools lol.

Well, I was sure interested at least!
GT: iNf3Rn0 Lan || PSN/NNID: iNf3Rn0_Lan
3DS FC: 2878-9587-9780
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. The Last Bastion
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A